HSC
-Clarke now

I turned off the TV after he got out.

/wrists

BigBoyJames_

Banned
HSC
N/A
I blame everything on ponting. EVERYTHING.

why the fuck didnt we go in with atleast 1 spinner? yeah, nathan cant fucking turn the ball but atleast he looks like warneeeey compared to north the jew.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I blame everything on ponting. EVERYTHING.

why the fuck didnt we go in with atleast 1 spinner? yeah, nathan cant fucking turn the ball but atleast he looks like warneeeey compared to north the jew.
stfu.

Roy9

HSC
Haddin out, game over now. I hope we atleast post 400 +

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
343-9

Pretty much over.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
England win the ashes 2-1.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Who thinks that with England reclaiming the Ashes now, Ponting will be around for the next series (provided he's in form)?

So many missed opportunities for Aus throughout the series.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
What a strange series. You can't even say England were the better side throughout - just two awful sessions have cost Australia two tests. England only had two centurions throughout the whole series compared to our God knows how many and I thought the bowling was probably even. Throw in the Cardiff debacle - where had we won I think the series result would have been vastly different - and this was a disaster from start to finish. I think we need a new captain - Ponting just can't make the tough, decisive calls on the field.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
What a strange series. You can't even say England were the better side throughout - just two awful sessions have cost Australia two tests. England only had two centurions throughout the whole series compared to our God knows how many and I thought the bowling was probably even. Throw in the Cardiff debacle - where had we won I think the series result would have been vastly different - and this was a disaster from start to finish. I think we need a new captain - Ponting just can't make the tough, decisive calls on the field.
yeah i agree.

Australia need new blood, considering we are going down to 4th in rankings now. And lost 3 of last 4 series.

blue_chameleon

HSC
The million dollar question is of course: Who else could?

Sure Michael Clarke is el-capitan in waiting but with all due respect to him, i'm not sold on him being able to make the "tough, decisive calls" on the field either. He has had his share of wins as captain, so who knows, maybe this is time to cull Hussey/Ponting/Lee (he'll be gone soon anyway due to age) and build fresh? All good in theory I spose.

If the selectors blow up and scapegoat Ponting, who would have the skills and head for the top job?

blue_chameleon

HSC
Just to add to that: the issue of Stuart Clark's non-inclusion through the majority of the series.

Whoever called this, needs to be given the flick. It's all too convenient to level blame at a captain after a series loss, but [assuming] Ponting had no decision in the team make-up and Stuart Clark/Hauritz non-inclusions in crucial tests, those that criticise him are missing the point by a long way.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Clarke cannot possibly be a worse captain than Ponting imo. The selectors have a lot of explaining to do as well.
It's quite possible that he wont have more success than Ponting if sound judgement isn't made in selections. Great captains can inspire and motivate, that's for sure. But when you're up against quality opposition and you don't have the best players available at your disposal, nothing's going to help you.

Which is where the problem is stemming from. If you can argue that Ponting had the best team on the field from the players available, then i'll accept that he needs to cop the brunt of the criticism and the selectors are immune here.

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Andrew Hilditch
Jamie Cox

possibly even Murv Hughes

all need the sack.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I think credit has to go to Strauss for the victory.
His consistency was probably the big difference at the end of the day.
He was superb with his calm captaincy as well.

As for the Australian captaincy: I hope Clarke doesn't get it, Ponting is still the man for the job. He has done a pretty good job considering the transition phase he has had to deal with.
Clarke is just more interested in maintaining his wannabe Beckham image.

Roy9

HSC
Clarke's voice is too whiney to be captain. But yeah, there is no doubt he is Australia's next captain... he's the only current player I can see guaranteed a spot in the side in the next 3-5 years

trickx

HSC
I want to see the entire bowling lineup with left armers:

Johnson, Bracken, Bollinger, Nannes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)