Ashes to Ashes (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'd love to see Bracken. He's an under-rated player.

otay

HSC
Kujah said:
I'd love to see Bracken. He's an under-rated player.
Agreed. He's a class bowler. Can swing it, has decent pace. I rate him. It's unfortunate that his only real chance last year was on the road that is Perth. I reckon in swing friendly conditions especially (like England, Brisbane, New Zealand) he will love it.

pottsy44

HSC

.ben

HSC
Our spinners are pretty shit atm. Hogg and MacGill are retiring soon and who else do we have?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Australia has produced some of the Greatest players of all time - if a all time world XI were to be selected - the bulk will come from Australia (theother bulk West Indies of course).

Shane Warne
Glenn MCgrath
Ricky Ponting
Adam Gilchrist

these four are awesome!

pottsy44

HSC
HotShot said:
Australia has produced some of the Greatest players of all time - if a all time world XI were to be selected - the bulk will come from Australia (theother bulk West Indies of course).

Shane Warne
Glenn MCgrath
Ricky Ponting
Adam Gilchrist

these four are awesome!
sorry i dont think adam cilchrist would be in there, don get me wrong he is a fantastic player and one of best wicketkeeper/batsman there has been, but he wouldnt make the grade i believe, as he is definately not even the best wicketkeeper going around atm.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
he's a great wicketkeeper (not the best though), but he's such a fantastic batsmen. Like most commentators say, when he's in hot form, he can change the game of the course in one session ;)

pottsy44

HSC
Kujah said:
he's a great wicketkeeper (not the best though), but he's such a fantastic batsmen. Like most commentators say, when he's in hot form, he can change the game of the course in one session ;)
yeah thats what i meant lol, fantastic batsman and thats why he is one of the best wicketkeeper/batsman ever. but far from being one of the best wicketkeepers, he has moments of brilliance though dont get me wrong.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
yea we are stuffed, we got no spinners, cullen and stuff will take years to mature and be able to retain a test spot.

i nominate symond and cameron white, especially white, pretty good and can bat a bit.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What do you guys reckon about Brad Haddin? Think he'll fulfil Gilchrist's role in the future successfully?

pottsy44

HSC
Kujah said:
What do you guys reckon about Brad Haddin? Think he'll fulfil Gilchrist's role in the future successfully?
to put it simply, yes.

he is a better wicketkeeper and is improving every season with the bat, he will be a great player for australia i believe.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Gilchrist might drop a few more catches or stumpings - but in my opinion his catching is one of the best.

But he can make it up with his batting. how many of the wicket-keepers can score a double century?

though in the all-time team - you would argue u have the greatest batsman of all time and there wouldnt be a need for another one and the u have greatest the bowlers and its important to hold their wickets.

But I would argue everyone has their bad days - it only takes a collapse and things could change. The bowlers could be hammered and the batsman could fail to prodce then a player like Gilchrist will be handy.

Either way - Ian healy was a very fine keeper.

pottsy44

HSC
HotShot said:
Either way - Ian healy was a very fine keeper.
yes and that is the reason why gilly had to wait for healy to retire before he could become the test wicketkeeper. he took over healy earlier in one dayers as batting and making fast runs has a greater emphasis.

yes gilchrist is awesome.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Yeah no-one will be able to replace warne from our current stock of spinners. But then again, i guess you gotta understand that Warnie was one of a kind, maybe even once or twice in a century for a single country who revolutionised the standards and expectations for leg spin bowlers. Same story with Gilchrist was a wicket keeper batsman and Murali as an off spin bowler.

From our current stock of spinners, there isn't really that much depth now i think about it. Cullen has 87 first class wickets at an average of 42.49, Cam White has 131 first class wickets at 38.38, and i think there's a newcomer called Daniel Doran who's got 23 wickets at 29.73. The plus side to the last 2 spinners though is that they can bat quite a bit (Cam white has a first class average of 35ish with the bat, Doran averages about 26ish with the bat and Cullen is decent for a tailender, giving about 15 runs per wicket in first class cricket).

When McGrath goes, at least we'll have a decent amount of talent going around to try and fill the gap (Lee, Clark, maybe even Dizzy will stay on...Johnson and Tait look the goods as far as young talent goes).

BlackDragon

HSC
okay so i'm going to every day of the last test. warnie and (unlikely) pidgeon's last test. i want to make a sign to hold up for the test. i was going to make one sledging england, something like: "SORRY ENGLAND - BUT I THINK WE'VE ALREADY WON"
but due to recent events i want to make it about the champion shane warne.
what should it be? any suggestions? it should be clever and something that depicts him as one the best of all time and a great person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)