Ashes to Ashes (1 Viewer)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
aww...warne gone for 71. how lameeee. would've been GREAT for him to get a centuryyyyy. :(

lawl. final top score 99. X) i remember it too. vs new zealand haha.

hope england perform a miracle and somehow make a good score....

for us to chase down of course. :D

BlackDragon

HSC
sunjet said:
yep.. first two days in noble stand (im a member). im going to go tomorrow as well.
where were you seated? i might have seen you.

i was on the left hand side of the second bay from the right at about 2/3 slip. :D

otay

HSC
I can't believe I will never see Warney or McGrath in tests again. I'm shattered, Devoed. I'm going to sink piss and cry.

martin88

HSC
N/A
timlay said:
aww...warne gone for 71. how lameeee. would've been GREAT for him to get a centuryyyyy. :(

lawl. final top score 99. X) i remember it too. vs new zealand haha.
the ball he got out on was a no-ball as well.... was shown at either the last Allen Border Medal or the one before that

ditto.

HSC
*dusts hands*

*raises glass to retirees*

*waves bye to poms*

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
BlackDragon said:
where were you seated? i might have seen you.

i was on the left hand side of the second bay from the right at about 2/3 slip. :D
Behind the wicket up the top just over from the commentary box, went down to the barmy army for the ending today though.

Farewell legends.

BlackDragon

HSC
i was going to go over to the barmy army and take heaps of piccies but i didn't think i could get there without leaving the ground.

i snagged a photo of richie in the box though. v good yah :D
except he didn't wave or anything! :(

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Fitting test finisher to what has been one most embarrasing to England. Taking not a damn thing away from the Aussie team though, they've wanted it and boy they took it with both hands and a bloody whitewash to boot.

Duncan "Pigheid" Fletcher is probably still scratching his head and wondering why Flintoff didn't thank him in his speech at the presentation :rolleyes:

And to the three legends of the game departing, it's been great watching you while I grew up, and no doubt Australian cricket will be hurting for a while now that you're gone.

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
I feel sorry for the Barmy Army, they must have paid of 10k! to see England get whitewashed 5-0...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Shouldnt forget Buchanan - he's done great ;)

.ben

HSC
Did anyone have a tear in their eyes after seeing those legends leave the game.?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
martin88 said:
the ball he got out on was a no-ball as well.... was shown at either the last Allen Border Medal or the one before that
Haha yeah. He tried sweeping Vettori (I think) for six, and it was a no-ball!

.ben said:
Did anyone have a tear in their eyes after seeing those legends leave the game.?
Didnt have a tear, but i was very emotional ;)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
a whitewash, justifying end to the series, filled with merciless displays from the aussies, you cannot praise this team enough, words can't do them justice. it is also the only fitting way to send off our 3 legends. thanks for the memories boys.

the pommies did try to put up a fight, but when you're playing one of the greatest sides in the history of the game who is trying to take revenge, you're always going to be next to no chance.

aussie cricket will now move onto a new era, without the experience of elfie, pidge and warnie. hopefully the new breed of players can carry on our triumphant tradition for years to come.

well done team. the ashes is home.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
a whitewash, justifying end to the series, filled with merciless displays from the aussies, you cannot praise this team enough, words can't do them justice. it is also the only fitting way to send off our 3 legends. thanks for the memories boys.

the pommies did try to put up a fight, but when you're playing one of the greatest sides in the history of the game who is trying to take revenge, you're always going to be next to no chance.

aussie cricket will now move onto a new era, without the experience of elfie, pidge and warnie. hopefully the new breed of players can carry on our triumphant tradition for years to come.

well done team. the ashes is home.
The pommies sucked!. they were pathetic from day one of the ashes.

See Prior to Warne , Mcgrath etc retiring Australia would be rated 10/10
England would have been around 5-6/10
India would be 6/10
Pakistan 7/10
SA 6/10
SRI 5/10
WI 5/10

And then after this lot go, Australia would drop mayne to 9/10/

There was a lot of talk with these 4 giants moving out and in the future the rest of the oldies retiring that Australia will struggle. But this wont be the case because all the other teams are way back. Even if we have new look team we would be able to no.1 ranked team in both Tests and ODIs, simply cos the others teams are just not good enough.

So if Australia is ever to be threatened, then the other teams like India need to step up.

teams like India and Pakistan have huge potential - but u know they just cant win.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
India and Sri-Lanka coming at the end of this year shall be interesting.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re hotshot - where the fuck do you get your stats from? they are so inaccurate that they are simply wrong.

you cannot underestimate the impact of warne and mcgrath has on australia, they ARE the reason why we have the top bowling attack in the world. now that they're gone, we no long have that leisury.

having said that, australia is so far ahead in the ICC ratings, that we can afford to lose for a couple of years consecutively and still hang on to the world no.1 title.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
lawl thats awesome.

we have a year or two to train?
and STILL be number one?

that just rocks. :)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
re hotshot - where the fuck do you get your stats from? they are so inaccurate that they are simply wrong.

you cannot underestimate the impact of warne and mcgrath has on australia, they ARE the reason why we have the top bowling attack in the world. now that they're gone, we no long have that leisury.

having said that, australia is so far ahead in the ICC ratings, that we can afford to lose for a couple of years consecutively and still hang on to the world no.1 title.
They are my ratings -lol.

Secondly - I dont know if u read my post lol, but thats what I exactly said. The media and a lot of speculators have been saying that once these old guys retire Australia will be in deep shit.

Well Australia will not be, simply cos at the current state with and without the oldies they are well above all other nations. If Australia is to be threatened, then it will not be from oldies retiring but rather other nations improving their team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)