asian studies (1 Viewer)

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Someone I know is dropped Asian Studies (Japanese) cause he says it's too damned hard. It's a topic I'd definately be interested in (ANU)

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
Are you Indian smegger?

What inspired your interest in India?
nope, not indian. i just have a strange infactuation with the country...why? because:
i find the culture so interesting, in particular the religions. in year 11 i went on an sor excursion in which we visted all these different place of worship.i was just in awe when i walked into some of them, namely the sri venkateswara temple, the auburn gallipoli mosque, the nan tien temple...anyway all these places have isnpired me to go experience more and learn more about the respective religions...um also the diversity in culture i find interesting...and just the foreigness, it's so different to me. i love bollywoods, especially music. i love monsoonal climates...i think the people are beautiful...and i know that it's a place which needs a lot of help. so, there's what inspired my interest :).

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
yeah. that was what i was thinking, anu. yeah...apparently it is really demanding...ugh. and also, to do this year in asia thing (where i'd get to go to india for a year and study) you need a distinction in your last assessment thingy or something...but i'll just have to keep in mind the insentive of actually going to india.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
No.

But going on past years the cut-off for combined Asian Studies/Laws (the course I want to do) will be about 95.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)