Asians are not creative! What? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
White people always make arguments like "Asian education is all about memorisation", "Asian students lack creativity" or something alone these lines. I'm always curious as to how they they come up with that conclusion.

Well not only did East Asian students utterly destroyed the rest of the world in 2012 PISA tests, the just released result for OECD's first creativity assessment also shows that East Asians students are also at the top at creativity problem solving. With Singapore, Korea and Japan taking the top spots.

http://www.oecd.org/education/singapore-and-korea-top-first-oecd-pisa-problem-solving-test.htm

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
'White people always makes comments'... is a very broad generalisation and stereotype in itself.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Hah. They missed Indians in the rote learning part. But Asian people are smart and creative, and definitely the educated ones are smarter than the average educated Australians.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely.
Seriously how does race have an effect like this on learning. I can understand traditions in learning having an effect on learning, but these usually do not effect the way someone learns.

If someone really wants to learn something, they will push themselves to learn and block off external factors if present.

buriza

conviction
HSC
Seriously how does race have an effect like this on learning. I can understand traditions in learning having an effect on learning, but these usually do not effect the way someone learns.

If someone really wants to learn something, they will push themselves to learn and block off external factors if present.
I believe race is even more irrelevant to creativity. Creativity is very subjective, to be honest. Someone could produce something that one could see as creative whereas another could see it as cliché. In fact, the whole point of creativity is that it is usually idiosyncratic.

christmaybe

HSC
Hah. They missed Indians in the rote learning part. But Asian people are smart and creative, and definitely the educated ones are smarter than the average educated Australians.
Technically Indians are also Asians :tongue: just saying

Hopp

HSC
Not only is this generalizing to the point of pure arrogance, but the obnoxiousness of this post gives the impression, be it intentional or not, that you used the reasoning as an excuse to boast your proposed statement.

photastic

HSC
Creativity is based on the individual not the race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)