Asians at Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

aimhigh10

HSC
come visit Hungry Jacks at Macquarie centre to get 10% off specially

haha sorry about the advertising, just letting everyone know

kevinant

HSC
I'll try to take a few cups of drinks there...
The number of asians ranges from 90%+ in EFS to about 35% in Sciences and less than 10% in arts. I felt like studying in Asian country in actuarial..haha

rachomini

HSC
Yeah...I would suppose it would be full of Asians. We are in the ASIA-Pacific region.

bryandawn

HSC
N/A
International students pay full fees so the uni can get some extra money.

Listen, young men, if Australia were to stop incoming international students today, and get rid of all the international students already here, our economy would most definitely collapse right here and now!

Think of the consequences before you say anything; all international students out, and then what happens to us? No more commonwealth supported places, no more HECS, even no more loans, and we'll have to pay our own way to graduation. Actually, education has replaced tourism and it is now our largest export service, http://www.idp.com/about_idp/media/2008/february/tourism_no_1_services_export.aspx, do you know what that means? Don't you have any vague idea how important it is to our economy?

You have no idea how much the international students contribute to our economy, they are not entitled to work for over 20 hours a week, so they have to bring money into the country, they don't only pay their tuition fee in full and upfront, they have to pay rent, they have to eat, and they travel around the country, basically, they bring in money hard earned by their parents overseas, and spend it all here in Australia, they create employment opportunities for the locals because they drive up demands.

Last edited:

loveCLARA

HSC
Really? I thought that Asians are crammed into UTS and UNSW is compacted with chinese.

But from the course that i should be doing B. MEDIA. i went through the list and it seems like there are only 6 asians (looking at their last names) out of 120 people.

HSC
I only saw a few Asians during the advising/enrolment day for science students.

I think most are doing economics/acturial studies/finance/business etc,

Although, what's up with the international students at Macq. There seems to be a lot of them, but they are all concentrated in like the same area. Do they have like their own building where they study. Coz I was walking around (lost) trying to find this room and I stumbled upon this area dominated by international students (and lots were smoking outside the building).

letthesunrise

HSC
^ I know, right? I didn't see any the whole day until around 5pm when almost everyone had left and it's like all of them came out of nowhere at exactly the same time.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
shifty asians, lurk the night!!!!

the arts faculty enrollment day basically had no asians apart from the odd few, eg me

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I only saw a few Asians during the advising/enrolment day for science students.

I think most are doing economics/acturial studies/finance/business etc,

Although, what's up with the international students at Macq. There seems to be a lot of them, but they are all concentrated in like the same area. Do they have like their own building where they study. Coz I was walking around (lost) trying to find this room and I stumbled upon this area dominated by international students (and lots were smoking outside the building).
That's probably SIBT ?

ascentyx

HSC
Why are you worried about the proportion of asian people at macquarie. Of course there is going to be alot, macquarie is in area populated by them. In fact i wish there were more asian people lol, every single chinese/japanese/korean etc person i have met has been incredibly nice and generally very friendly. They are incredibly smart, very modest, and very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)