asking for phone numberz (1 Viewer)

Carnivour

HSC
ok question for guys.
is asking for a girl's phone number a huge step for a guy? should i just give it myself?

im referring to situations where after talking to a guy i just met if i dont give my number im unlikely to ever see him again. its happened to me heaps where i would spend time with a guy, we'd seriously click, and then nothing - do guys expect girls to give out phone numbers? would the average guy be too scared to ask? the closest a guy has come to giving me his number is when a guy in a telstra shop wrote his number on the back of a receipt and told me to call him.

so yeah, thoughts.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I think if he wanted it he would ask for it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Carnivour said:
ok question for guys.
is asking for a girl's phone number a huge step for a guy? should i just give it myself?

im referring to situations where after talking to a guy i just met if i dont give my number im unlikely to ever see him again. its happened to me heaps where i would spend time with a guy, we'd seriously click, and then nothing - do guys expect girls to give out phone numbers? would the average guy be too scared to ask? the closest a guy has come to giving me his number is when a guy in a telstra shop wrote his number on the back of a receipt and told me to call him.

so yeah, thoughts.
If they don't ask for yours, why not ask for theirs?

SweetSeasons

HSC
I've asked a few times... one guy said *lets keep it work buddies* n kept talkin 2 me nice after... another guy got my number but then sms'd asking me if he was gonna get laid.. i think i was a bit drunk and came on a bit strong

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i don't think it's a big thing... more of a joke that it used to be a big thing. If a girl wants to be called she'll offer it, but if the guy wants to call, he can hint- or just ask directly if he wants? *shrugs*

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
of course its not a big thing if shes single, but if shes just bring friednly and overwise is involved in a relationship it can be awkard...either way based upon a first impression its up2 you whether you want to ask for a persons number

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
iambored said:
I think if he wanted it he would ask for it.

yeah i think if you did think you guys did 'click' than he'd most probably ask for it..
if not, and u want his number to do the chasing (lol)
why dont u jst casually say, so hey lets swap numbers and we'll catch up sometime!

thats not to say you meet someone at a party, talk about everything.. then go your seperate ways.. i mean if the conversation of 'are you single didnt come up' then one would assume he didnt ask for your number coz he's already involved..
depending on the conversation of course.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Just tell him you'd like to keep in touch, after saying that you've had a great time meeting him and talking to him...give him yours and make sure you get his too.

Darkening

HSC
its so much easier to ask for a number on msn... for some odd reason you dont freeze up or anythin...

SweetSeasons

HSC
Darkening said:
its so much easier to ask for a number on msn... for some odd reason you dont freeze up or anythin...

because you're not face to face... you can think of what to say and how to say it b4 you even open the convo box... I personaly wouldn't do msn...

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah but that's what a relationship is, being with the person, spenting time with them.. it's not chatting online to them

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I think a combination of phone calls and a bit of online chat is fine, asking for phone number/email is not a hard thing, if you like the guy/girl you will instinctively want to ask them for it.

HSC
A phone number is a means to meet up again. I say if you're getting the vibes, just dive in, take a chance and ask. I was in a club and ran into a guy i used to go to school with and this was the fourth time i'd run into him in years(twice at schoolies - carnivour remembers this guy :p) I was just leaving and i got the urge to ask for his number, and i wasnt nervous coz i was too afraid i wouldn't run into him again. Then he wanted mine, and he was the one who msged me a few days later asking if i wanted to go into town. Did he wanna ask me for mine first, but was hesitant? Who knows. But if things are going well and you take a chance, things could come of it that if you hadn't have jumped in, you'd be thinking about and wondering what if later on. Course i'm not saying grab them coz they may be 'the one', but yeah go for it i reckon ;)

Darkening

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
because you're not face to face... you can think of what to say and how to say it b4 you even open the convo box... I personaly wouldn't do msn...
I would... MSN is a place to meet people...... then numba so i sai its great to use msn that wai when u meet its a awkard place :p .....

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
i think asking for msn address is pathetic + gay lol
what if he doesnt go on msn, coz alot of guys dont..
he'll be like urrrrrrrr net nerd!
hahahahaha
ask for a number, not a stupid email address.

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
msn is lame, who sits at home to wait for ur girl or boy to come online? of course u'd ask for their number, but most of the time, i just do it for fun.. without any intentions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)