Assessment Marks/Ranks so far (1 Viewer)

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
Term 4

English Advanced: 15/15
Society and Culture: 10/10
Legal Studies: 10/10
Biology: 39/42
Extension 1 Eng: No Task
Extension 2 Eng: 10/10
General Maths: 23.5/24

Term 1 So far:

English Advanced: 27/30 >:
Extension 2 Eng: 10/10

cs01001

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
Assessment 1 [term 4]

Marks
English Advanced --> 15/15 Rank = tied 1st
Physics --> 39/44 Rank = 2nd
Chemistry --> 19/20 Rank = tied 2nd
Biology --> 15/15 Rank = 1st
English extension -----> YET TO BE DETERMINED
Maths general --> 40/44 Rank = 2nd
Modern History --> 26/30 Rank = 1st

Assessment 2 [Term 1]

Marks
English advanced --> YET TO BE DETERMINED
Physics --> 38/40 Rank = tied 1st
Chemistry --> 30/36 Rank = 4th
Biology --> 51/52 Rank = 2nd
Maths general --> 51/52 Rank = 2nd
Modern History ---> YET TO BE DETERMINED
English Extension --> NO TASK AS YET.

Overall pretty happy with my results.
Congrats, nice results :)

candybink

HSC
Okay, just for something different, a set of results!!

English - 79% (Equal 2nd)
Ex Eng - no assessment
Ex1 Maths - 82% (2nd)
Ex 2 Maths - 61.89% (3rd)
Physics- 82.6% (3rd)
Chemistry - 94.93% (1st, so far first no one will ever catch me!!! or maybe that's cocky, okay someone could catch me if i gave up now and they put their ass on the line, but its not happening)
Drama - 85% (1st)

jirwin

HSC
Term 4:

Std English - 15/15
G.Maths - 35.5/36 (23.5/24)
Design.Tech - 80/80 (15/15)
Art - 20/20
Cafs - 20/20

Term 1:
Std.Eng - 25/30
Design.Tech - 61/61 (10/10)
CAFS - Pending
G.Maths - Pending
Art - 9.5/10

enzyme

HSC
Scorch said:
Got maths back, 33.5/46, not the best, rank, around 5th, I dunno.

zomg... look how similar our subjects are!! i want to go to macquaire too :)

umm... we havent had an assessment for legal yet. and my half yearlies start monday, so i guess my rankings will change very soon.

first in english advanced, ext 1 and 2 (15/15, 15/15, 10/10 respectively...)
first in ancient (25/25)
fourth in society and culture (lol...19.75/20)
i think about fourth in history extension... (4/5)
is that all i do? hmm...

Last edited:

bmwz4

HSC
ssglain said:
Received the rest of that Biology assessment today.
Mark: 30/30 Rank:1/45
i envy you. congrats btw. i dont get these schools so keen to give perfect scores...my school will not.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hmmmm just because they give out perfect scores doesn't mean they are keen it depends from student to student and teacher to teacher. The perfect score is a reflect that the assessment was the fantastic and that it meets the marking criteria.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
bmwz4 said:
i envy you. congrats btw. i dont get these schools so keen to give perfect scores...my school will not.
Ha, that's exactly like my legal studies teacher, he never gives out full marks, even though we follow the marking criteria. Stingy bastard.

Last edited:

bmwz4

HSC
Shrikar said:
Ha, that's exactly like my legal studies teacher, he never gives out full marks, even though we follow the marking criteria. Stngy bastard.
they think it will make us work harder...i think the 100% would thanks

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
bmwz4 said:
Agreed. i've done assessments where I've met the criteria, and even done more sometimes and gotten like half a mark off for nothing.

ssglain

HSC
bmwz4 said:
Thank you for the compliment but I do detect a mild tone of contempt there. Haha. :p It was a fairly easy assessment, but if it means anything, the minimum result was 1/30 and there were quite a handful of single digit marks dealt out.

I do agree though that full marks shouldn't be given out so easily. My Ext-2 Maths teacher is particularly stingy with marks and was very disappointed at one stage that everyone in the class got over 50% for the last assessment.

Last edited:

enzyme

HSC
We have Legal Studies teachers who just want to give us the marks... if you include everything, you get the marks right there. It's good... but in some ways it's bad, it makes it hard to differentiate. But still...

Then in other subjects, like someone just said, you fulfill all requirements, in every aspect, yet it's like the marker is trying to take a mark away from you... I think some teachers definitely have a bias against giving full marks.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
It's sad that we get marked harshly, sometimes I think that I could go so much better in my HSC if they decided not to mark us harshly, but mark us a little better and keep the ranks.

ssglain

HSC
I think that certain subjects are much more prone than others to be affected by the subjective bias of teachers. The maths and science subjects tend to be much more objective with very clear cut marking criteria and no grey region between right and wrong.

A friend of mine, who was dux of Adv and Ext-1 Eng in Yr 11 and ranked 1st after the first Adv HSC assessment, had a discussion today with the marking teacher over a few lost marks in the recent Adv assessment and was told that if marks were deducted, then she had obviously failed to meet the criteria. Surprisingly though, after the teacher reread the essay and ticked over all the criteria there ever existed, her reasoning for the deducted marks were that "Although you met the all the criteria for full marks, clearly other people had written beyond outstanding essays".

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
ssglain said:
I think that certain subjects are much more prone than others to be affected by the subjective bias of teachers. The maths and science subjects tend to be much more objective with very clear cut marking criteria and no grey region between right and wrong.

A friend of mine, who was dux of Adv and Ext-1 Eng in Yr 11 and ranked 1st after the first Adv HSC assessment, had a discussion today with the marking teacher over a few lost marks in the recent Adv assessment and was told that if marks were deducted, then she had obviously failed to meet the criteria. Surprisingly though, after the teacher reread the essay and ticked over all the criteria there ever existed, her reasoning for the deducted marks were that "Although you met the all the criteria for full marks, clearly other people had written beyond outstanding essays".
I'm too lazy to read that. but I agree.

Legham

HSC
At our school two people handed in the same essay or whatever type of text it was, and the teachers didnt pick up on it, and when they got it back there was 4 or 6 marks difference between them.. BOS is retarded for making us do english.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)