Assessment Marks/Ranks so far (1 Viewer)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Come to think of it, I think we got the option of accelerating IT VET.

Woo-hoo.

ScottyTee

HSC
Ranks in year...

Software Design and Dev - 1st
Business Studies - 2nd
Economics - 2nd
Adv English - 80th
Adv Maths - 90th

Scorch

HSC
I got my Maths mark/rank back today, so I've got all my ranks and marks for assessments I've done so far:

2U Maths:
Mark: 73/100 (actually 33.5/46 - not sure how much the task is worth)

Ancient History:
Mark: 11/15

History Extension:
Mark: 80/100

Legal Studies:
Mark: 19/20

Are they decent? I'm hoping to get 95+ ....

ssglain

HSC
nichhhole said:
we're compelled to do the 2U course as well, that is, until we, and the teachers are confident with how we're going.
Ext2 students should generally be very high 2u and ext1 students, and your marks aren't reflecting that..
so you must be going to a selective school?
otherwise, i cant see why you would be allowed to be doing those courses with those kinds of rankings...
i'm with watatank...
drop to 2U..
focus on your other units..
[that said, i dont know which school you're at, what kind of standard your school has etc...]
When I first read that other post, I thought the same thing that Bringbackshred did - that the person had a mark, not rank, of 45/45 for Ext-2 Maths. Could it be possible that perhaps he/she had meant they are in the top 5% of the course and we have simply misinterpreted?

I agree with nichhhole's observation. It would be wisest to drop down to 2U and try to improve the 2U results. The assessments given by all schools comply with the syllabus and BOS requirements so the difficulty of the exam papers from schools of varying standards should still fall within a consistent range. And even if assuming the highest assessment standards of say, Ruse, achieving 5% is still a far stretch from being satisfactory.

Now,
dhampoet said:
I got my chemistry assesment back from term 4 last year
Mark : 28/36
Is it still possible to climb up to the top 3 or even the first?
I need to get very high rank because I'm in a public school.
Don't let one slip up get you down and most importantly don't let it affect your upcoming assessments. Your rank is reasonably good and if you work hard and do better in future assessments, I don't see why you can't improve the rank dramatically. You said yourself that you hardly studied prior to this assessment - next time make sure you are well prepared. Also, the assessments given over the year are of different types and the one you had might not be where your strengths are.

HSC
Scorch said:
I got my Maths mark/rank back today, so I've got all my ranks and marks for assessments I've done so far:

2U Maths:
Mark: 73/100 (actually 33.5/46 - not sure how much the task is worth)

Ancient History:
Mark: 11/15

History Extension:
Mark: 80/100

Legal Studies:
Mark: 19/20

Are they decent? I'm hoping to get 95+ ....
You are definitely in good shape! You will have to raise your marks a little, but your ranks are good! as long as you are consistent and maintain your rank, stay up there in ranking and improve bit by bit there's no reason why you can't get what you want!

Li Lin Chin

Banned
HSC
Here my marks for last year

Mathematic Extension II (4 unit)
Result: 98%

Chemistry
Result: 96%

Physics
Result: 95%

Biology
Result: 93%

English As Second Language
Result: 22%

Li Long

Banned
HSC
I am first at Violin and Chemistry. This other subject, I don't know these results.

Matrocksmysocks

HSC
Firstly, my assessments so far:

4 English: 7/10, Proposal worth 10% (This is my worst so far, but still, considering the average was 6, I'm on the right side);
3 Englsih: Not yet, wish me luck!
2 English: 18/20, Listening Task worth 10% (so high up in the Form);
3 History: 5/5, Proposal woth 5% (Yay!);
2 (Mod) History: 10/10, Sources (Question 2 and 3 type) worth 10%;
3 Latin: Not yet, only half yearlies and trials;
2 Latin: Not yet;
3 Maths: Not yet, in a little while, wish me luck!
2 Maths: Well, it's the same class as 3 Unit, so there you are, not yet!

So I'm going pretty well, especially that at my school, the top 30 is almost assured to get a U.A.I. of 99 or above. It's ironic really, that, as far as I'm concerned, Latin is quite possibly my easiest subject - given that most of the exam is simply remember translation - a lot of it lol! Yet 3 Latin scales higher than 4 Maths, and 2 Latin higher than 3 Maths? Yay fun.

As to acceleration - I'm not a fan. A lot of my friends were accelerated - really, really intelligent ones, and all they're doing is repeating the course because it was too much on them in Year 11. My school refuses to accelerate anyone; rather, they expand laterally, giving students a wider base of knowledge that isn't completely H.S.C. streamlined.

Mind you, they can do that too!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Matrocksmysocks said:
As to acceleration - I'm not a fan. A lot of my friends were accelerated - really, really intelligent ones, and all they're doing is repeating the course because it was too much on them in Year 11. My school refuses to accelerate anyone; rather, they expand laterally, giving students a wider base of knowledge that isn't completely H.S.C. streamlined.
Looks like they couldn't cope with the pressure of doing a part of the HSC in year 11. But if you can, then acceleration, in my eyes, is a pretty good option, as long as you are good at the subject you're accelerating.

yinyin

HSC
N/A
faint~~
/// got my marks
2u maths: 87%
3U: failed~ 48%
senior science prac. 26/27
oral; 10/10
English 13/15...
far out.. i'm failing maths!

kloudsurfer

HSC
Well this is only after my first assesment period (im in my second at the moment, havent got any back yet)

English: 87% 7th-ish?
EE1: 88% 1st
EE2: 90% 1st
Maths: 92% 1st
Modern: 96% 1st
Chem: 100% 1st (the assessment was a simple one lol)
Bio: 82% 9th ish?
Im pretty happy with my marks, except bio and adv. enligsh which are usually my strongest subjects. Also ive gone down a bit in EE1, but I think i can work on that and advanced english. Im happy with maths, considering that is my weakest subject! I was getting 70s all last yr!

I am kind worried about Bio, I was counting on getting a band 6 in it, and this assesment was worth 30%. Is it still realistically possible?

Oh by the way, I go to a crappy public school so ignore my ranks lol :)

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Well this is only after my first assesment period (im in my second at the moment, havent got any back yet)

Bio: 88% 9th ish?
Im pretty happy with my marks, except bio and adv. enligsh which are usually my strongest subjects. Also ive gone down a bit in EE1, but I think i can work on that and advanced english. Im happy with maths, considering that is my weakest subject! I was getting 70s all last yr!

I am kind worried about Bio, I was counting on getting a band 6 in it, and this assesment was worth 30%. Is it still realistically possible?

I think you've easily got a chance at a 6 in Bio. 88% is only 2 marks off it.

Well done on all of the other ranks/marks as well.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Just got extension 2 maths results back today after the exam yesterday, 1st rank with 28/30, with a forgotten division by 2 losing 2 marks. The other guys got 27, 26 and 25, and everyone stuffed up a different question. Quite coincidental :)

jordanst

HSC
N/A
English advanced: 15/15 1st/82
Maths 2 unit 33/50 7th/42
Maths 3 unit 38/46 7th/14
Economics 15/15 1st/14
Biology 18/20 4th/38
Chemistry 15/17 2nd/28
Physics 7/20 11th/18

Can anyone tell me roughly what mark my UAI is looking like right now

jaaaaay

HSC
kloudsurfer said:

Bio: 88% 9th ish?

i think you've definately still got a good chance for band 6 in bio... and i guess it all depends on what that ranking was out of... (e.g. 9th out of 10, 9th out of 70, etc... would be very different =P) and what school you go to.

and well done on some very good marks =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)