Assessment ranks are in! (1 Viewer)

eldawgz

HSC
im not sure why im 27/53 in biology when im sure i improved in my assesments and trial exam. in addition, i think i did good in the biology hsc exam. is my rank going to affect my overall mark for biology?

rayy_bann

HSC
I was tied 1st in Advanced English but it was reported as 2nd place. I really don't know who to talk to now seeing as my school is closed until monday. I have some teacher's emails should I contact them? Is there a paper to fill out? Its such short notice seeing as the 'closing date' for these amendments is 15th of november, am i right?

please help guys, thanks!

michaeljennings

HSC
im not sure why im 27/53 in biology when im sure i improved in my assesments and trial exam. in addition, i think i did good in the biology hsc exam. is my rank going to affect my overall mark for biology?
Yeah you probably did improve, but how do you know how everyone else in your cohort went throughout the year? You cant say you should be higher than 27 unless your school had previously told you your rank was better than 27

HSC
I cant even log into that dumb website. I know my student number and i am putting it in the box to recover my hsc pin but it wont work.

eldawgz

HSC
Yeah you probably did improve, but how do you know how everyone else in your cohort went throughout the year? You cant say you should be higher than 27 unless your school had previously told you your rank was better than 27
so should i still talk to my teacher? how is this gonna improve my mark

jamesfirst

HSC
wtf. I thought I was 5th in chem. It's listed as 6th

Dylanamali

HSC
I was tied 1st in Advanced English but it was reported as 2nd place. I really don't know who to talk to now seeing as my school is closed until monday. I have some teacher's emails should I contact them? Is there a paper to fill out? Its such short notice seeing as the 'closing date' for these amendments is 15th of november, am i right?

if your teacher actually informed you that you were tied 1st in Adv Eng, yet the BOS displays you at 2nd.. it is in your best interest to contact the school and inform them so that they can correct the issue, whether if this is via email, phone, w/e.. it is in your best interests so do it.

rayy_bann

HSC
Yeah all english teachers told me and i was congradulated at the awards ceremony. But do I need to fill out any forms?

arsenal4life

HSC

Same thing happed with me.
Do you know if you got the exact same marks throughout the year as the person you tied with..?
Based on reports I tied first in Japanese, but I was listed as first overall because apparently I was 0.06% ahead in the final ranking.
Maybe it was just down to weird weightings ???

rayy_bann

HSC
Same thing happed with me.
Do you know if you got the exact same marks throughout the year as the person you tied with..?
Based on reports I tied first in Japanese, but I was listed as first overall because apparently I was 0.06% ahead in the final ranking.
Maybe it was just down to weird weightings ???

But it was so unfair, all teachers made a big fuss about me being first and tied to the other person. And they full gave me an award and everything. I know we achieved very similar to the point that it was 0.02% away...i think. I'm so sad and angry

arsenal4life

HSC
But it was so unfair, all teachers made a big fuss about me being first and tied to the other person. And they full gave me an award and everything. I know we achieved very similar to the point that it was 0.02% away...i think. I'm so sad and angry
Yeah, its pretty ridiculous that they can't just put people in on equal rankings, but one of my teachers said that it 'wouldn't be to either person's advantage' to do so :s
I'm pretty sure that they try and maintain the gaps between each rank though. So your moderated mark should still only by 0.02% lower than the top mark.
Although if you still think its wrong you may aswell ring up your school. It's not as if you have anything to lose :)

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A

Email them now so they can fix it first thing next week - good luck! I'm sure it will be okay.

qawe

HSC
N/A
I know that I came 2nd in PD, however it says I came 3rd. Two people tied first last time I checked at school so is this why it says I came third, due to them being equal first or is this a mistake?
this is correct you are 3rd

zxreth

HSC
cheering cause i gained 2 ranks in english ^_^ rest are fine.

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Rather disappointing to see my rank stay the same but see the number of people in the course drop. According to this, there are now 2 less people in English Advanced, 3 in Mathematics and 1 in Biology. But I guess there's nothing to complain about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)