Assignment Register (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
I think it may be a good idea to post the assignments we have since, chances are, we will have similiar assignments so we can discuss answers and responses to help each other out.

bored of sc

HSC
I'll start it off.

Religion - Essay - Explain the ways in which the four characteristics of one religious tradition interact to create a dynamic, living religion.

English - Essay - Explain how Shakespeare's Othello script can be interpreted in Sean McEvoy's way. Includes a quote by McEvoy of his interpretation of Othello.

Maths - None (obviously).

Chemistry - A practical write-up about the bonding, physical properties and uses of different chemicals.

Music - Composition Portfolio - Ongoing through class time/homework.

PDHPE - Drugs information report as a letter to Health Minister.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
English Extension 1 - Utopia - Based on your own research, what do you regard as significant influences on Thomas More and his writing of 'Utopia'?

English Advanced - TS Eliot - Using imagery from the poem, create a visual representation of the persona, J Alfred Prufrock, from TS Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. Your task is to creatively interpret these images within your representation.

Chemistry -
1. Analyse information from secondary sources to distinguish the physical properties of metals and non-metals.
2. Process information from secondary sources and use a Periodic Table to present information about the classification of elements as
a) metals, non metals and semi-metals
b) solids, liquids and gases at 25*C and normal atmospheric pressure.

Anyone wanna help? :p

HSC
I have a VET hospitality assignment. I don't think i've seen another 09er on here who does hospitality, but meh.

Here's what i have to do:
Develop a resource folder that includes a variety of examples of information concerning the hospitality industry.

I only have that one assignment and i want it to stay that way.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Finished the two Chemistry assignments. :)

But found I had a Legal Studies one, for the UN. :(

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
English - Task for week five - Responses to Othello
  • I, iii, 76-296
  • III, iii 90-279
  • III, iii, 331-480
  • IV, ii, 30-166
Choose one of the above extracts and answer the following essay question.

How has your chosen extract represented the concept of personal journeys, and to what extend does it illuminate other themes in the text Othello (800 - 1000 words).

(Note that it is not necessary to deal with every line or idea in your extract; it is more important to select the most important themes to discuss.)

Any ideas, suggestions, tips or websites? :rolleyes: I heard sparknotes is good.

-bonfire

HSC
Legal
In class exam - Sources of Law.

Society And Culture
Research methodologies - applying into a chosen topic, researching and constructing a report.

Modern History
Source analysis - "How useful is Source A to an historian studying political influence in the decline and fall of the Romanov Dynasty" (The source isn't given until the exam, that might be obvious but eh.)

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Chemistry: Research about a mixture in the lithosphere. Is there anything BESIDES petroleum?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You're just restricted to the lithosphere? We were allowed to do anything in any sphere. Some people did iron ore, others did salt water, others did air.

If you want a petroleum assignment, just ask, Ahhliss.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Advanced English: Using Utopia, another text studied in class [Hesiod's Golden Age, Garden of the Hesperides or Genesis] and a supplementary text of your own choosing, discuss how these texts relate to and express the utopian ideology, in a 5-6 minute speech. [Not from the actual assessment sheet]

Extension 1 English
: Using two poems by T.S Eliot [Preludes, The Journey of the Magi or The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock] and a supplementary text of your own choosing, discuss how the idea of journey is portrayed and represented in each of these texts, in a speech. [Not from the actual assessment sheet]

Modern History: You must research an area of interest from the 19th or 20th century. Choose your area of interest and clearly define the question/s you are investigating. Your research should be set out in the following way [Summarised from the assessment sheet]:

Synopsis: Outline the research you have undertaken and the issues involved in your research. Must not exceed 200 words.

Essay: Should not exceed 1500 words

Bibliography: You should provide a bibliography and footnotes which demonstrate you have used a variety of sources. In addition you should choose three most useful sources and write 100 words for each explaining the strengths and weaknesses of the source, considering its usefulness and reliability and the reasons it was valuable to the project and the central argument of the essay.

Additional information relevant to the task [This one is fairly strange]: Your historical investigation must be word processed using a font such as 'Times New Roman' or 'Arial' in size 12. The line spacing should be 1.5.

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]http://www.artland.co.uk/page593.htm

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus - what supplementary texts are you using for your TS Eliot unit?

bored of sc

HSC
Razizi said:
English - Task for week five - Responses to Othello
  • I, iii, 76-296
  • III, iii 90-279
  • III, iii, 331-480
  • IV, ii, 30-166
Choose one of the above extracts and answer the following essay question.

How has your chosen extract represented the concept of personal journeys, and to what extend does it illuminate other themes in the text Othello (800 - 1000 words).

(Note that it is not necessary to deal with every line or idea in your extract; it is more important to select the most important themes to discuss.)

Any ideas, suggestions, tips or websites? :rolleyes: I heard sparknotes is good.
Um, I don't know what advice to give but I am doing Othello too. Ours is a close, criticical study of text so we are meant to apply readings to it and stuff. Our assignment is soooooooooo hard!!! :mad: But its interesting nonetheless :read: ...

I like Act 1 Scene 3, 76-296. Its really illustrates the inherent racism, hatred of Othello by Brabantio, Othello is military tool/need in Venice (the Duke emhasises this) and the undying love for Othello by Desdemona. It also includes dramatic and prophetic irony a number of times like "honest Iago" (when Iago is evil to the core) and "my life upon her faith" (when really Othello kills Desdemona due to her inexistent infidelity by not trusting her (she was also emphatic with her faithfulness). Just remember also that Iago is still in the room when Othello is addressing the people in the council chamber so he can hear of her the deep love and connection Othello proclaims for Desdemona. Iago knows he must go to extreme lengths to break up two very connected lovers. Othello's speech is also very calm, eloquent and self-depreciating. This reflects his good-natured qualities and establishes Othello as the protagonist. And yeah, that's all I can think up for now. Hope that helps.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
Um, I don't know what advice to give but I am doing Othello too. Ours is a close, criticical study of text so we are meant to apply readings to it and stuff. Our assignment is soooooooooo hard!!! :mad: But its interesting nonetheless :read: ...

I like Act 1 Scene 3, 76-296. Its really illustrates the inherent racism, hatred of Othello by Brabantio, Othello is military tool/need in Venice (the Duke emhasises this) and the undying love for Othello by Desdemona. It also includes dramatic and prophetic irony a number of times like "honest Iago" (when Iago is evil to the core) and "my life upon her faith" (when really Othello kills Desdemona due to her inexistent infidelity by not trusting her (she was also emphatic with her faithfulness). Just remember also that Iago is still in the room when Othello is addressing the people in the council chamber so he can hear of her the deep love and connection Othello proclaims for Desdemona. Iago knows he must go to extreme lengths to break up two very connected lovers. Othello's speech is also very calm, eloquent and self-depreciating. This reflects his good-natured qualities and establishes Othello as the protagonist. And yeah, that's all I can think up for now. Hope that helps.
Bored of sc, thanks a lot man...you don't know how much I appreciate this. Please post your task up to let other bos'ers to look at. I hope I can help.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
You're just restricted to the lithosphere? We were allowed to do anything in any sphere. Some people did iron ore, others did salt water, others did air.

If you want a petroleum assignment, just ask, Ahhliss.
Yeah, each year they do one sphere. Last year was hydrosphere or something. Iron ore is in the lithosphere right?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah it is, I think.

If you want my assignment on crude oil – just ask.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
Aplus - what supplementary texts are you using for your TS Eliot unit?
Well, the supplementary text which I'm doing is The Hobbit. Might be a little stupid and easy, but there is evidently a journey, both physical and metaphorical.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
OK, good related text. Doesn't help me much though - since we're doing TS Eliot for the AoS of Identity. :p

agua.fuego

HSC
bored of sc said:
I'll start it off.

Religion - Essay - Explain the ways in which the four characteristics of one religious tradition interact to create a dynamic, living religion.

English - Essay - Explain how Shakespeare's Othello script can be interpreted in Sean McEvoy's way. Includes a quote by McEvoy of his interpretation of Othello.

Maths - None (obviously).

Chemistry - A practical write-up about the bonding, physical properties and uses of different chemicals.

Music - Composition Portfolio - Ongoing through class time/homework.

PDHPE - Drugs information report as a letter to Health Minister.
Guessing you go to the same school as me, judging by the assignments.

Eh... English, same.
Religion. Same (over now, but whatever).
Ancient. Speech about Arthur Evans, finished.
Textiles. General prac/theory work, you get the gist.
Spanish, continual.
Extension English, nothing yet...
Legal Studies. International law essay, finished now.

Help with the English. Thanks.

I'll try and help too, but you know that I won't be much use :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)