Assumed Knowledge Test Math1131 (1 Viewer)

cintaurus

HSC
So this test in in week 3 and is based on HSC Ext 1 Maths, and I did accelerated maths for 2 and 3 unit back in 2013 so at this point, although I was quite good at it, I can't remember much of it. I will try and study it as much as I can the next 3 and a half weeks so i won't fall behind and do decent in the test, but is the test actually really that important to study hard for? And are all the HSC topics in the test or only some?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
The assumed knowledge quiz (AKQ) is just an indication to whether you should take MATH1131 or not.

The questions weren't that hard. There were questions relating basic calculus, to trig identities (sum and differences), finding polynomial eqn w/roots etc. Only some topics are tested, not all. The questions are also meant to be simple, hence the timer of 30 mins for each quiz.

Note that the AKQ Maple TA, you have 5 tries, and throughout that 5 takes they take best out of it. And even though you perform well or poor in it, its only like 1 out of 4% of your entire grade (there are 4 more Maple TA quizzes to go later in the semester).

Last edited:

such_such

HSC
Also most answers are Google-able or thru using wolframalpha, i.e. this test isn't worth anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)