• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

At LEAST one additional text (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
hrrmmm... I did 7 texts for the trials (3 poems, AOS, 3 related) and got full marks for it. Took me about 50minutes though. Is it bad to do so many?

nwatts

HSC
_dhj_ said:
hrrmmm... I did 7 texts for the trials (3 poems, AOS, 3 related) and got full marks for it. Took me about 50minutes though. Is it bad to do so many?
Yes.

I doubt you'll get that mark in the HSC exam.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I guess it'll depend on the question though, but I always thought that question three was about illustrating the concept of journeys rather than analysing specific texts.

serge

HSC
_dhj_ said:
full marks at your school might not mean much...

nwatts

HSC
_dhj_ said:
I guess it'll depend on the question though, but I always thought that question three was about illustrating the concept of journeys rather than analysing specific texts.
Yes, but detail = marks. Complex discussion on the journey needs to be supported with specific detail.

Too many texts means less detail.

Mishelly

my teacher has told me that we need 2 stimulus booklet texts, 2 poems with reference to the others and 1 related material.......

i have now decided from reading this forum that i probably need 2 related material just in case but how many stimulus booklet texts??

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
nwatts said:
Yes, but detail = marks. Complex discussion on the journey needs to be supported with specific detail.

Too many texts means less detail.
All you're doing is linking the significance of a couple of vignettes from the text rather than analysing the text as a whole though. Dunno, I find that I'm still able to write about 1 page A4 per text. That works out to be even more on the little BOS booklets :p

evette13

HSC
do we really need two from the stimulus?
Wat year have they asked to do that many?
Thats so gay because they will be reading ALL the same stuffff, poor markers

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I'm pretty sure you will only write about one stimulus text in the exam. HOWEVER, there is that slight possibility that they will ask you to write about a specific stimulus text, which means you will have to know at least a bit about each text and have one of them as your most prepared one. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)