ATAR bonus point? (1 Viewer)

celineexo

HSC
Hello~ I recently heard some information about bonus points for HSC atar. I am aiming to get into diagnostic radiology in university of Sydney which requires atar of 94.35. I am pretty confident I will get over 90 but I was want to make sure I can get into this course.
So here are my questions and it would be so thankful if you guys can answer these for me!!

1. I have been searching EAS scheme and I think (not sure) I will be eligible for few options there but how can I find out how many points I can receive?

2. Can you receive bonus points for getting any band 5s or 6s? Is it automatically added on? How can I check that?

3. Can you receive bonus points for doing particular subject? I heard if you do science and apply for engineering course in uni you get extra points?

4. Is doing ESl english course or being part of prefect body get you extra points?

5. What is the maximum points each person can receive? Because I have seen alot of people saying maximum you can get depends on the uni (like sydney is 5), but some says they received like 15 bonus points?

6. Is there any other way you can get other bonus points?

7. How can I know the total bonus points I recieved at the end?

Sorry for asking so many questions:cry: Thank you so much in advance!!

photastic

HSC
1. Roughly a max of 5 bonus.
2. Nope, USYD doesn't consider this according to the booklet.
3. Nope, same reason for Q 2.
4. Not sure with ESL but community service can help, particularly looking for jobs for post hsc and scholarships.
5. There are some schemes USYD promotes that can either lower the cut off or add to your atar.
6. Pretty sure there are other ways, check their website, but USYD is pretty tight for bonuses.
7. UAC should notify you.

Lol, this was all from info day :p

bangladesh

HSC
dude honestly, just focus on your hsc and you'll get the marks you want. It takes a lot of effort writing and finding evidence for your EAS application so just leave that as a last resort.

photastic

HSC
dude honestly, just focus on your hsc and you'll get the marks you want. It takes a lot of effort writing and finding evidence for your EAS application so just leave that as a last resort.
Agreed, people shouldn't rely on bonus marks but rather work harder to get into the course and open their choices even more.

celineexo

HSC
Well thank you all for your advice^^
But simply I am not relying on the bonus points and I heard during term 2 you will now have to start filling your preferences for uni.
And this really requires deep thinking as everyone knows.I have asked this question because I thought if I have a general estimation of my atar, it would help me to choose the courses. Thus, I would not leave this as a last matter because by the time you will be busy with trials and upcoming HSC. It would be better if I asked some intelligent people like yourselves^^ during the holidays. Anyways thank you guys again for your considerations!

bangladesh

HSC
Well thank you all for your advice^^
But simply I am not relying on the bonus points and I heard during term 2 you will now have to start filling your preferences for uni.
And this really requires deep thinking as everyone knows.I have asked this question because I thought if I have a general estimation of my atar, it would help me to choose the courses. Thus, I would not leave this as a last matter because by the time you will be busy with trials and upcoming HSC. It would be better if I asked some intelligent people like yourselves^^ during the holidays. Anyways thank you guys again for your considerations!
you have till end of december i think to change your preferences.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Hello~ I recently heard some information about bonus points for HSC atar. I am aiming to get into diagnostic radiology in university of Sydney which requires atar of 94.35. I am pretty confident I will get over 90 but I was want to make sure I can get into this course.
So here are my questions and it would be so thankful if you guys can answer these for me!!

1. I have been searching EAS scheme and I think (not sure) I will be eligible for few options there but how can I find out how many points I can receive?

2. Can you receive bonus points for getting any band 5s or 6s? Is it automatically added on? How can I check that?

3. Can you receive bonus points for doing particular subject? I heard if you do science and apply for engineering course in uni you get extra points?

4. Is doing ESl english course or being part of prefect body get you extra points?

5. What is the maximum points each person can receive? Because I have seen alot of people saying maximum you can get depends on the uni (like sydney is 5), but some says they received like 15 bonus points?

2/3: http://sydney.edu.au/future-students/domestic/undergraduate/access-sydney/flexible-entry.shtml
It's automatically added on

4: No

5: Usyd is 10 I'm pretty sure (but only 5 from flexible entry)

6: http://sydney.edu.au/future-student...access-sydney/elite-athletes-performers.shtml

7: You don't. Even though you'll be notified for some bonus points schemes, they don't tell you how many bonus points you get for flexible entry.
So it's unknown.

bangladesh

HSC
For 4, there is a EAS option that has to do with you not speaking proper english which can be used to get bonus points but you need someone to certify it eg your teacher

celineexo

HSC
For 4, there is a EAS option that has to do with you not speaking proper english which can be used to get bonus points but you need someone to certify it eg your teacher
Oh... so they only consider speaking? Because I am coming 2nd ish out of 80 students and my speaking isnt actually bad...do you think I can still get it?

bangladesh

HSC
well not speaking particularly, just asin your english is bad in general and it affects your studies and your grades.

sleepyair

HSC
What is the latest date that we can hand in our EAS form? How do we even get an EAS form anyway? Provided by the school or printed off by ourselves?

thank you :)

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC

You shouldn't be notified in how many points you receive - all you get are two letters: an acknowledgement which shows they have received your letter and an eligibility which identifies whether your disadvantages were enough to get you EAS consideration. For USYD, this is at the top of my head but their system works differently when considering EAS - rather than assigning bonus points based on EAS disadvantage, they will lower the ATAR cutoff to the pool of people with EAS considering that course.

Look on the USYD website there should be information on the above and also the flexible entry scheme which gives you up to 5 points depending on the course (ie. may need to get b5 or b6 in specific subs, interviews) and also if any vacancies remain after main round offers.

celineexo

HSC
You shouldn't be notified in how many points you receive - all you get are two letters: an acknowledgement which shows they have received your letter and an eligibility which identifies whether your disadvantages were enough to get you EAS consideration. For USYD, this is at the top of my head but their system works differently when considering EAS - rather than assigning bonus points based on EAS disadvantage, they will lower the ATAR cutoff to the pool of people with EAS considering that course.

Look on the USYD website there should be information on the above and also the flexible entry scheme which gives you up to 5 points depending on the course (ie. may need to get b5 or b6 in specific subs, interviews) and also if any vacancies remain after main round offers.
Great.Thank you so much for your information!

sleepyair

HSC
its called google.
Do you have something against me? How do you know I didn't use this thing you call "google"? What if, perhaps, I didn't find what I wanted to find and came on here to ask?

You sound more than willing to answer OP's post, so why not mine?

If you think I should make a new thread, fair enough, but I thought posting on this thread would be a smart idea.

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Do you have something against me? How do you know I didn't use this thing you call "google"? What if, perhaps, I didn't find what I wanted to find and came on here to ask?

You sound more than willing to answer OP's post, so why not mine?

If you think I should make a new thread, fair enough, but I thought posting on this thread would be a smart idea.
i regards to your previous question, most information should be found in an EAS information package which you can get from careers advisor at your school in pdf format online in the UAC website in the EAS section http://www.uac.edu.au/eas/ . However, as you can see they havent updated information regarding EAS and application forms from last year since applications open up later in the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)