English Ext- 2/26
Music 2- 4/6
Society and Culture- 1/18
History Ext- 6/14
Modern History- 9/51
Music Ext- 3/4
VA- 13/35

School rank: 170

I've been slipping alot this year due to various factors, wondering if I can redeem myself for a 90+ and if so what I need to be focusing on. I'm also wondering whether I should drop VA, leaving me with 11 units and if losing the 3 unit buffer will disadvantage me.
Thanks so much!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
drop va. it looks like its not counting
its unnecessary stress, esp with 4? majors christ lol
I think 90+ is defs achievable but make sure you have time

jessdub96

HSC
drop va. it looks like its not counting
its unnecessary stress, esp with 4? majors christ lol
I think 90+ is defs achievable but make sure you have time
Yeah, choosing that many has been such a mistake, majors have been absolutely killing me!
I think I will. Thanks alot :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
VA is actually quite a low scaling subject-(I am talking from personal experience here having done the subject for my HSC and not having it count towards my ATAR), hence don't overestimate the 3 unit buffer because it might reduce your study time which would be disproportionate to any extra units compensating for any possible poor performances. I would strongly advise you to drop VA as soon as possible. You are progressing very well-particularly in English-keep the good effort up and may you achieve your goals:)

jessdub96

HSC
VA is actually quite a low scaling subject-(I am talking from personal experience here having done the subject for my HSC and not having it count towards my ATAR), hence don't overestimate the 3 unit buffer because it might reduce your study time which would be disproportionate to any extra units compensating for any possible poor performances. I would strongly advise you to drop VA as soon as possible. You are progressing very well-particularly in English-keep the good effort up and may you achieve your goals:)
Thankyou so much, that's exactly what I needed to hear... I'll go about dropping it tomorrow. All the best! X

And thankyou everyone for the help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)