Atar estimate/need advices for trial (1 Viewer)

No surprises

HSC
Hi guys I just received my semester 1 report, I go to a school ranked around 60
These are my results:
Econ:AT 1&2- 80% cumulative ranked 15/58 (in context we had 12 band 6 last year)
Geo:AT 1&2 -around 77% cumulative ranked 4/15 (idk how many b6s are there)
Chinese&Literature: AT1&2 around 93% ranked 2/20 (there are 5 b6 last year)
Math Adv: AT1&2 around 75% ranked 62/136💆‍♀️💀(at least 30 b6 last eyar)
English EAL/D: 73% aranked 12/40

Can anyone help me to do an atar estimate...?Be honest plz;-;

By the way, Is there anyone have any advice preparing for trial?Idk where should I start--- So confused and stressed rn HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW EVERYTHING

No surprises

HSC
I am aiming for a 85+ atar (if it's possible lol...I only need a 80+ but bit more than 80 is always wanted)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR of at least 77 and up to 86. While this may be a long range, your current performance is likely more consistent with an ATAR closer to the higher end of this estimate overall, which is a good indicator.

Your performance in Economics and (especially) Chinese and Literature is favourable and is likely to make a positive contribution towards your ATAR. It is therefore important that you do your utmost to maintain this level of performance in your trial exams and, more importantly, your HSC exams for these subjects.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, about Geography and Mathematics Advanced. You seem to be on the right track in both of these subjects in terms of achieving your ATAR goal. However, it is equally important to do your best in preparing for these two subjects as well to ultimately maximise their contribution to your ATAR.

English EAL/D appears to be your lowest-performing subject. You may therefore wish to focus more of your efforts on improving your position in this subject going forward so as to further increase your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

In terms of preparing for your trial exams, preparing for Mathematics Advanced involves completing as much practice material (including textbook questions and, importantly, past exam papers) as possible so that you are able to gain more exposure to questions, especially exam-style ones. This will also allow you to identify any areas of improvement by assessing errors that you might make during your preparations and subsequently work on addressing those areas of improvement.

Preparing for EAL/D would involve ensuring that you complete as much listening practice as possible (assuming that your trial exam will include a listening component), as well as completing as many questions targeting unseen texts as possible, so that you are able to apply your knowledge of the relevant module and techniques. You should also work on optimising the quality of your writing, which you can do by attempting essay questions and seeking feedback from your teacher. Implementing their suggestions can assist you in improving the quality of your writing, which in your case will not only be useful for Module A, but also (and more so) for Module B and Module C.

I hope this helps! 😄

No surprises

HSC
Given the information that you have provided, I believe that your current performance is consistent with an ATAR of at least 77 and up to 86. While this may be a long range, your current performance is likely more consistent with an ATAR closer to the higher end of this estimate overall, which is a good indicator.

Your performance in Economics and (especially) Chinese and Literature is favourable and is likely to make a positive contribution towards your ATAR. It is therefore important that you do your utmost to maintain this level of performance in your trial exams and, more importantly, your HSC exams for these subjects.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, about Geography and Mathematics Advanced. You seem to be on the right track in both of these subjects in terms of achieving your ATAR goal. However, it is equally important to do your best in preparing for these two subjects as well to ultimately maximise their contribution to your ATAR.

English EAL/D appears to be your lowest-performing subject. You may therefore wish to focus more of your efforts on improving your position in this subject going forward so as to further increase your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

In terms of preparing for your trial exams, preparing for Mathematics Advanced involves completing as much practice material (including textbook questions and, importantly, past exam papers) as possible so that you are able to gain more exposure to questions, especially exam-style ones. This will also allow you to identify any areas of improvement by assessing errors that you might make during your preparations and subsequently work on addressing those areas of improvement.

Preparing for EAL/D would involve ensuring that you complete as much listening practice as possible (assuming that your trial exam will include a listening component), as well as completing as many questions targeting unseen texts as possible, so that you are able to apply your knowledge of the relevant module and techniques. You should also work on optimising the quality of your writing, which you can do by attempting essay questions and seeking feedback from your teacher. Implementing their suggestions can assist you in improving the quality of your writing, which in your case will not only be useful for Module A, but also (and more so) for Module B and Module C.

I hope this helps! 😄
I knee it's gonna be u the BOS hero jimmy!! tysm and do u hv any idea how should i prepare for econ and geo?like social science subjects in general

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I knee it's gonna be u the BOS hero jimmy!! tysm and do u hv any idea how should i prepare for econ and geo?like social science subjects in general
No worries! That means a lot to me! 🙌

While I did not take either Economics or Geography, I am aware that there is an emphasis on the syllabus, similar to Business Studies and perhaps Legal Studies. Because of this, it is important to ensure that you thoroughly familiarise yourself with the syllabus of each subject, allowing you to correctly distinguish relevant concepts and subsequently discuss them in your responses as required. In doing so, you should also make sure that you seek clarification with any concept that you may not fully understand. As far as I am aware, both subjects involve learning and applying case studies, meaning that you should ensure that you are not only familiar with them, but also understand their relevance to the content, which will hopefully allow you to incorporate such information effectively into your responses.

Beyond this point, you should aim to complete past papers to assess your ability to apply your knowledge of the content to exam questions (similar to what I mentioned in my initial post) as this will enable you to determine whether there are any improvements that can be made and/or whether you may need to ask for further clarification in a particular area(s).

Interdice

HSC
Hi guys I just received my semester 1 report, I go to a school ranked around 60
These are my results:
Econ:AT 1&2- 80% cumulative ranked 15/58 (in context we had 12 band 6 last year)
Geo:AT 1&2 -around 77% cumulative ranked 4/15 (idk how many b6s are there)
Chinese&Literature: AT1&2 around 93% ranked 2/20 (there are 5 b6 last year)
Math Adv: AT1&2 around 75% ranked 62/136💆‍♀️💀(at least 30 b6 last eyar)
English EAL/D: 73% aranked 12/40

Can anyone help me to do an atar estimate...?Be honest plz;-;

By the way, Is there anyone have any advice preparing for trial?Idk where should I start--- So confused and stressed rn HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW EVERYTHING
I go to a school ranked much lower than yours. I ranked 4 out of 38 in my most recent math advanced exam. My raw mark was 77percent that test. There is at least 8 band 6s and last year there was 12. Does that mean that my non selesctive high sets harder tests than yours? Fun to think about lol.

No surprises

HSC
I go to a school ranked much lower than yours. I ranked 4 out of 38 in my most recent math advanced exam. My raw mark was 77percent that test. There is at least 8 band 6s and last year there was 12. Does that mean that my non selesctive high sets harder tests than yours? Fun to think about lol.
ykw it actually could be the case cuz ik my school sets hard paper for some subjects particular as well so yeah

No surprises

HSC
Was quite surprised how similar the marks that i got during that period of assessments. You should be on track to getting an atar like mine or beating mine if you grind enough past papers
wow thanks the info is very useful since im from the same school haha especially the econ🤣just pretty much depends on who the teacher is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)