Atar estimate please! (1 Viewer)

preetsa

HSC
Hey guys, just did two exams (just term assessments) that kind of pulled me down in two subjects but oh well anyways here are my ranks, although i can't give a rank for one of my subjects because it was a tafe endorsed course (accounting):

P.S My school is ranked 50

Adv. English - 87/206
Gen Maths - 25/165
PDH/PE - 24/88
Business - 12/106
Accounting TVET - Between 86-89 (wasn't allowed to be given exact mark, although this is RAW mark not 'aligned' ) Thanks and hope this helps :)

And although my ranks aren't 'great' i have a HUGE cohort (around 400+ students) and my school is ranked quite well so yep :)

Thanks, i have trials to go just wanted to know where i should be aiming at for around the 85-90 mark and how far off i may be (even just 90 would be good i guess)

Cheers

preetsa

HSC
Naw really :( you reckon i could push up to 90 since trials are worth 30-40% ?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
this. Your subjects scale like shit except english which is ur lowest rank.
yer unfortunately^ gen maths, business, pd.. no no no no no

you can still get 90 of course.. if you smash the trials, but it's my belief that you'll fall around the 85 category atm anyway (your school rank probably saves you)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
you need to improve significantly in English
also, general maths - try to get 90

preetsa

HSC
Hey guys well it's wierd because according to my annual report from last year I estimated marks n put em into SAM n I got 87-89 so what kind of marks do you guys think I would get (aligned) for you to think it's only an 80-83 ?
N yea my general rank was 10 but just dropped to 20s although the mark difference between Those few ranks is 2-3 from the last assessment lol thanks guys

stleonard

HSC
Destroy your trials and the actual HSC and you can get 90.
But you'll have to get your ranks up quite a bit...esp. with General Maths and Advanced English..you'd probably want to be aiming top 50 for Advanced.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
the reason for why some of us think 80-85 is because of the ranks you put above. We don't know how your school usually performs. so by using your annual report, you might be right and you could get 87-89. Don't worry too much about your ATAR now. Just do the best you can.

Your performance could change between now and the HSC. Just focus on keeping it up and improving

Good luck

preetsa

HSC
Oh ok yea that makes sense

Because according to last year's grade (which was apparently 'not as smart' AND about 150 less students)

For Adv. English - top 45 got band 6, top 110 got at least band 5 (and they had 60 less students)

For Maths Gen. - 25/140 got band 6

And Business - top 10/80 got band 6

and for PDHPE - top 70/100 got at LEAST band 5 (but only 8 band 6s)

SO yea thats according to the annual report but i know i will definately do well in trials because to be honest i havnt been studying at all :| and i mean like (obviously night before) but no notes, weekly study nothing but i've started :)

haha

and thanks heaps for the replies :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)