atar estimate please :) (1 Viewer)

rebecca.str

HSC
hi! i saw that ranks got released on students online. my cohort is much stronger than last yr's cohort
school rank: ~130 (fluctuates tho)

english advanced: 1/22 | 4 b6 in 2022
biology: 3/22 | 2 b6
chemistry: 3/20 | 0 b6
maths advanced: 11/29 | 5 b6
science extension: 1/4 | 0 b6
legal studies: 1/9 | 2 b6

thank youuuu!!
I'm not going to say what I'm aiming for because i think I'll just be disappointed 😭

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR around 93-94.

Your position seems to be the most favourable in English Advanced, Science Extension and Legal Studies. This means that all of these subjects are likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, and the most significant one compared to the rest of your subjects.

Much of the same can be suggested regarding your performance in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics Advanced, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent. This means that, while these subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, their contribution may not be as significant as your other, better-performing subjects.

Hopefully you did well in your HSC exams. Evidently, your performance in your HSC exams is important since they contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks in your subjects. Another important element in your particular case is the fact that you are ranked first in three of your subjects. This is advantageous when considering the moderation process, since it essentially means that, depending on your performance in your HSC exams, you can significantly exceed this estimate. For this to happen, you would need to achieve the highest HSC exam marks in your cohort in these subjects, the outcome of which would be that they would become your overall HSC marks. From this point, the more favourable your performance, the higher your ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

year10studentpreparin

HSC
hi! i saw that ranks got released on students online. my cohort is much stronger than last yr's cohort
school rank: ~130 (fluctuates tho)

english advanced: 1/22 | 4 b6 in 2022
biology: 3/22 | 2 b6
chemistry: 3/20 | 0 b6
maths advanced: 11/29 | 5 b6
science extension: 1/4 | 0 b6
legal studies: 1/9 | 2 b6

thank youuuu!!
I'm not going to say what I'm aiming for because i think I'll just be disappointed 😭
93 minimum, maths advanced creeping tho

altho the rest of ur ranks are really good especially chem like damnnn

rebecca.str

HSC
93-94 doesn't get me into what i want damnnnn 😭 i used the carrotss calculator and fsr got 98+ when i put marks that were lower than my trial results but idk if that means anything 😭

year10studentpreparin

HSC
93-94 doesn't get me into what i want damnnnn 😭 i used the carrotss calculator and fsr got 98+ when i put marks that were lower than my trial results but idk if that means anything 😭
what atar are u aiming for
ur probs gonna get 98+ depends how u did for advanced maths on hsc

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Hopefully you did well in your HSC exams. Evidently, your performance in your HSC exams is important since they contribute the remaining 50% of your HSC marks in your subjects. Another important element in your particular case is the fact that you are ranked first in three of your subjects. This is advantageous when considering the moderation process, since it essentially means that, depending on your performance in your HSC exams, you can significantly exceed this estimate. For this to happen, you would need to achieve the highest HSC exam marks in your cohort in these subjects, the outcome of which would be that they would become your overall HSC marks. From this point, the more favourable your performance, the higher your ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
[/QUOTE]

but yeah I dont think you should really stress when ur ranks are excellent and that its really dependent on your performance in the HSC now so id rather have you say how well you did in the hsc then ranks..

rebecca.str

HSC
i will not say what I am aiming for but I want to do medicine... lol i don't know if that's achievable now. i kind of did really madly on the maths exam, i don't even have an excuse i was just sleep deprived and performed so poorly because i couldn't concentrate, so i think that will drag me down for sure. time to cry now thanks for the help! ☺

rebecca.str

HSC
did your rankings increase after trials compared to before?
yeah my English did bc i was competing with 2 ppl for the top spot, my legal didn't change, nor did science ext or chem. i think for maths is dropped 1 place and so did bio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)