Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
School Rank: Top 30, although it'll probably drop this year.

Mathematics Extension 2: 1/72
Mathematics Extension 1: 1/~90
English (Advanced): ~50/140, but I feel that I'm capable of top 30 if I apply myself more, which I shall.
Music 1: No idea, there's hardly any gap between first and last
Legal Studies: ~10/50 (Might be higher)
Physics: Unofficially 1/~80 (First in first task, rumoured equal first in HY)

For MX1 and MX2 we consistently have at least 1/3 of the cohort in the top band. IIRC highest marks were around 96-97 last year.
2/5 of last years cohort got a band 6, but they were unusually good at english.
All but 2 of last years music class got a band 6. Highest mark was 96 I think.
Don't know exact stats for legal, but according to the teachers our cohort's doing well.
Last year was really bad for physics and we only had ~5 band 6's, but that was really unusual. Normally the lowest is a mid band-5.

Dux last year was 99.8 and we had about 30 people get above 98.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

theind1996

HSC
N/A
School Rank: Top 30, although it'll probably drop this year.

Mathematics Extension 2: 1/72
Mathematics Extension 1: 1/~90
English (Advanced): ~50/140, but I feel that I'm capable of top 30 if I apply myself more, which I shall.
Music 1: No idea, there's hardly any gap between first and last
Legal Studies: ~10/50 (Might be higher)
Physics: Unofficially 1/~80 (First in first task, rumoured equal first in HY)

For MX1 and MX2 we consistently have at least 1/3 of the cohort in the top band. IIRC highest marks were around 96-97 last year.
2/3 of last years cohort got a band 6, but they were unusually good at english.
All but 2 of last years music class got a band 6. Highest mark was 96 I think.
Don't know exact stats for legal, but according to the teachers our cohort's doing well.
Last year was really bad for physics and we only had ~5 band 6's, but that was really unusual. Normally the lowest is a mid band-5 and I think we've got one or two state ranks in the last 5 years or so.

Dux last year was 99.8 and we had about 20 people get above 98.

Thanks in advance! :)
~ 30 people got above 98, not 20. And I don't think we've ever had a physics state rank in the past 5-6 years at least. Also, last years cohort got ~ 55 band 6's in English, so that's more like 2/5 or ~40% B6 rather than 2/3.

For you, Music probs won't count.

English, since your cohort is apparently bollocks, you probably won't get a band 6 at even rank 30, and at your current rank, I'd probably estimate an 87-ish mark.

ATM, you're going pretty good, ~98.8 - 99.1

Improve English to a top 15 ranking/early-mid band 6 range and Legal to top 5-ish and I'd say ~ 99.4 - 99.5

Last edited:

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
~ 30 people got above 98, not 20. And I don't think we've ever had a physics state rank in the past 5-6 years at least. Also, last years cohort got ~ 55 band 6's in English, so that's more like 2/5 or ~40% B6 rather than 2/3.

For you, Music probs won't count.

English, since your cohort is apparently bollocks, you probably won't get a band 6 at even rank 30, and at your current rank, I'd probably estimate an 87-ish mark.

ATM, you're going pretty good, ~98.8 - 99.1

Improve English to a top 15 ranking/early-mid band 6 range and Legal to top 5-ish and I'd say ~ 99.4 - 99.5
Well, that's what McGahen told our class. However, I just looked it up and you are correct. Also, I could've sworn I've been at an assembly where someone's got an award for a physics state rank, but again, you're correct. I've fixed the OP.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Well, that's what McGahen told our class. However, I just looked it up and you are correct. Also, I could've sworn I've been at an assembly where someone's got an award for a physics state rank, but again, you're correct. I've fixed the OP.
If you want further information regarding how many B6's the school got in each of your subjects for the past 5 years, check out this website and enter the school name:

http://www.topscores.info/select-nsw.php#pagehere

I didn't directly take you there for obvious reasons, but for last year's B6's:

Physics: 8
Legal: 13
MX1: 40
MX2: 16
Eng Adv.: 55

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks for that, it makes life a lot easier. I checked using the DA spreadsheet that's floating around here somewhere which is a pain in the ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)