ATAR estimate (1 Viewer)

omaraziz

HSC
Would an ATAR of about 85 be possible with these marks? School is around 100-150 mark as I understand.

English Advanced - 90/100 (rank 7 of 96)
English Extension 1 - 40/50 (rank 5 of 16)
English Extension 2 - 43/50 (rank 5 of 8)
Modern History - 82/100 (rank 14 of 44)
Society & Culture - 80 (rank 6/16)
Industrial Technology - 95 (rank 8/22)

Thanks anyone for your help.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on this information, I believe that you could be looking at an ATAR of no less than 83 and up to 87.

English Advanced and English Extension 1 appear to be your best performing subjects. Hopefully you performed sufficiently well in your HSC exams for these subjects so that both subjects can make a positive contribution to your ATAR (which I believe is a likely outcome). The same thing can be said about English Extension 2 and Modern History, although to a slightly lesser extent. Depending on how well you went in your Modern History HSC exam as well as your English Extension 2 external component, these subjects could also make a positive contribution to your ATAR.

Your performance appears to be least favourable (although not necessarily unfavourable) in Society and Culture. Hopefully, through favourable performance in your HSC exam for this subject, you will be able to mitigate the potentially unwanted effect that this subject would present on your ATAR.

Your position is Industrial Technology seems interesting. Given the nature of this subject, I would be inclined to suggest that it is perhaps one of your lower performing subjects. However, while the actual marks that you receive in your school-based assessment tasks/exams are not used beyond determining your ranking, a mark of 95 indicates, at the very least, a rather high level of knowledge and understanding of the content of this subject. Hopefully you did well overall in this subject.

Overall, an ATAR of 85 definitely seems possible.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)