HSC
School rank is fluctuates between 150-200
Subject | Rank | B6's in 2022 | B6's in 2021

Math Standard 2 | 1/84 | 9 | 10 - State rank inc
English Standard | 60/92 | 0 | 0
Economics | 11/15 | 0 | 1
PDHPE | 16/36 | 4 | 1
SOR 2 | 52/107 | 5 | 4

Pretty terrible all round, just need a 75 atar tbh. How well would i have to do in hsc for that to happen. Also anybody know how much AES points, FTB A provides at a uni like Macquarie

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, your performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR of at least 69 and up to 75.

Mathematics Standard is your best-performing subject, and it is highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. You should therefore maintain your effective approach to preparing for your HSC exam in this subject, allowing you to perform favourably and maximise this subject's contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, your performance is of a lower standard in PDHPE and Studies of Religion II, which indicates that there are areas of improvement for you to address as you continue to prepare for your HSC exams in these subjects. English Standard and Economics are your lowest-performing subjects. Based on this, you may wish to consider focusing more on your preparations for these subjects, which will hopefully allow you to improve your performance in your HSC exams.

Overall, your ATAR goal is definitely within reach. Generally speaking, the higher your HSC exam marks, the better your overall HSC marks will be, and the higher your chances of achieving your ATAR goal. With that being said, band 5's should essentially allow you to reach an ATAR of 75.

Regarding your EAS question, the specific number of points that you can receive is uncertain, although it is known that MQ gives up to 5 points. It would be a good idea to contact MQ students who were eligible for EAS (and have perhaps experienced the same disadvantage as you) and determine the number of points that they received.

I hope this helps! :D

standardfailure

HSC
@jimmysmith560
Thanks so much, another question tho

Bachelor of Cyber Security on MQU website says up to 15 adjustment factor points can be obtained.

I have 5 bonus catchement region point for where I live, I hope my EAS can go ontop of that, if so thats hopefully only 73/74 raw atar that I need.

Hopefully doable, thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560
Thanks so much, another question tho

Bachelor of Cyber Security on MQU website says up to 15 adjustment factor points can be obtained.

I have 5 bonus catchement region point for where I live, I hope my EAS can go ontop of that, if so thats hopefully only 73/74 raw atar that I need.

Hopefully doable, thanks!
No worries, that is correct. Hopefully you achieve a sufficiently high ATAR which can then be supplemented by the points that you receive from the Macquarie Catchment Scheme as well as EAS, maximising your chances of receiving an offer.

All the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)