• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Atar estimates? (1 Viewer)

vanillacupcakes

HSC
N/A
Hey, would anyone be able to give me an atar estimate?
English Adv: 27/53
Ancient History: 2/20
Legal Studies: 1/ 20
Food Tech: 1/ 18
Studies of Religion 2 unit: 1/52
Extension history: 1/4

Cheers guys

Aysce

HSC
School rank please :)

Most of your subject rankings are solid.

Aysce

HSC
Thankyouu :) 135 i believe
Since you're almost ranked 1st in all your subjects, it may be a little hard to estimate your ATAR since it depends on the history of your school's performance for those subjects. Do you happen to have information on past school performances for your subjects? English Advanced is pulling you down and needs work depending on your aim, so try to improve that.

I reckon you'll achieve 94-95. Really, if you can improve your Advanced English ranking to say 5, you'll be in for 96-97+ :)

Best of luck and remember that ATAR estimates aren't exactly accurate so don't get complacent/discouraged :haha:

vanillacupcakes

HSC
N/A
Well my school generally does quite well in English, and humanities, especially PDHPE. But generally quite small classes with the majority attaining low-mid band 5s. I'm aiming for 95.9 at macquarie uni so going to focus a lot more on english and put in the extra to get there!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Well my school generally does quite well in English, and humanities, especially PDHPE. But generally quite small classes with the majority attaining low-mid band 5s. I'm aiming for 95.9 at macquarie uni so going to focus a lot more on english and put in the extra to get there!
English is definitely your week point. Fix that up and will definitely get in :)

vanillacupcakes

HSC
N/A
yeah it is :/ i ranked 3rd last year so its an absolute bummer, but I guess i've been paying a lot of attention to my content filled subjects :l

Aysce

HSC
yeah it is :/ i ranked 3rd last year so its an absolute bummer, but I guess i've been paying a lot of attention to my content filled subjects :l
At least it shows you have the potential to rank high and there are still assessments plus trials to improve your ranking.

vanillacupcakes

HSC
N/A
Yeah hopefully! Any tips for English in particular, for say studying when in comes trial/hsc time/note taking??

FatemaMAli

HSC
For note taking, I've found using the cornell note taking system to be very helpful. My school has set up a mentoring system and so my mentor recommended this for me and as a student who does struggle a bit in english, I found this very helpful. If you google it and go to images you'll see the set up but if you don't find, you break up your page into different segments. You draw a small, larger than a margin, column on the left of the page and you break that up into main words/ideas, questions and links. On the right side you should have the note taking area and the bottom of the page, around 10 lines, is a summary of the notes you took in class. I find it effective, but I hope I helped :)

BRegs

HSC
vanillacupcakes, we do exactly the same subjets. Adv. English, Food Tech, Ancient History, Legal, SOR2U .... but I do Gen. Math instead of Ext. History. Good to know someone else has the same combination.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
is school rank really matter??
Theoretically no. It only matters because it'll make you study harder due to a more competitive environment and an student who scores average in a better school will perform obviously better in the state than a similar scoring student in a worse school.

simplyinsanity

HSC
School rank matters when trying to determine an ATAR estimate though. Eg someone ranked 1st in all subjects in a less competitive school may not necessarily be equal to someone who came 1st in a more competitive school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)