ATAR so much lower than expected :/ (1 Viewer)

aidan059

HSC
hi guys im just a bit angry and starstruck this morning

yesterday i was going through an array of calculators and they were all saying around the 97.00-97.50 mark, specifically hscninja at 97.05

marks:
2U Math - 91
3U Math - 41
Economics - 94
Chinese Cont. - 94
English Adv - 90
Chinese Extension - 45

ended up with an atar of fucking 95.45 this morning and was really fucking pissed off, sorry for the language but still am i just need some consolidation

thanks!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The cohort this year appeared to have performing a lot better, with more in the top bands. This would mean that the subjects would "scale" worse this year then previous years. Take a breath, and go for a walk or a swim to clear your head.

What ATAR do you need? There are many different pathways to get into your preferred degree.

aidan059

HSC
Im still trying to figure out how a 94 in eco or a 94 in chinese continuers can "scale badly"

jaroha99

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Honestly, I do feel kind of lucky with my atar when comparing to everyone else's and their subjects/marks:

General maths 95
Modern history 93
English standard 92
Biology 88
PDHPE 87
ATAR- 95.35

This seems way higher than I expected, even more so because I went to a school that didn't even rank. I'll take it though! :D

Whodis

HSC
Okay you were "thunderstruck" (astonished by the turn of events) not "starstruck" (reacting to an encounter with a celebrity/determined to succeed in performing).

Second, you need consolation (words of comfort and reassurance) not consolidation (the bringing together of parts into a whole).

To be frank, it's a miracle you did as well as you claim. Be content with it and work on your communication skills.

red152

HSC
okay you were "thunderstruck" (astonished by the turn of events) not "starstruck" (reacting to an encounter with a celebrity/determined to succeed in performing).

Second, you need consolation (words of comfort and reassurance) not consolidation (the bringing together of parts into a whole).

To be frank, it's a miracle you did as well as you claim. Be content with it and work on your communication skills.
lmfao savage

aidan059

HSC
didnt know i could be an acdc song lmao next time dont comment if you dont have anything useful so say. Telling me I only got my results because it was a miracle and not hard work is frankly insulting, instead of giving me support you insult my hardwork and communication skills. Man you need to work on your manners

tazhossain99

HSC
Okay you were "thunderstruck" (astonished by the turn of events) not "starstruck" (reacting to an encounter with a celebrity/determined to succeed in performing).

Mate calm down lol

MickeyB99

HSC
Uni Grad
Im just happy to see someone else on this site who also studied Chinese. If you can get that fluent in the next few years than you will be so employable that your atar won't even matter

D94

HSC
N/A
Im still trying to figure out how a 94 in eco or a 94 in chinese continuers can "scale badly"
Neither scaled poorly. You were largely affected by your marks in Maths Ext 1 and Chinese Extension. In both cases, the cohorts were strong and your marks simply did not meet the level needed to gain a 97 ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)