ATAR too low. What are my options? (1 Viewer)

shadow131

HSC
N/A
My atar is too low to be considered for any chance of university. So what options do i have? im looking for something in science or history, but im also opened to anything else.

HSC
N/A
What about like ACU or is your ATAR too low to get into b arts or science at UWS? You can get 5 bonus points for living in the greater western sydney, or whatever they always keep moaning about...

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
My atar is too low to be considered for any chance of university. So what options do i have? im looking for something in science or history, but im also opened to anything else.
What is it? My brother did an IT course with 59.4. Have you looked at the TAFE/uni combination pathways.

Have you looked at all institutions? La Trobe, CSU, UWS etc.?

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
apply for any uni course... at a uni you want to go to, knock a few subjects out of the ball park, internally transfer to the course you want to do... ???? .... Profit...

or, take the back streets through tafe or something... no shame in it, trust me... OR, take half a year of and mid year intake... lots of drop outs you would be able to take one of their spots probably...

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It's hard to give useful advice without knowing what your ATAR is; 'too low' means many things to many people, especially on this site.

dakotah

HSC
It's hard to give useful advice without knowing what your ATAR is; 'too low' means many things to many people, especially on this site.
This. There have been people disappointed with atars in the 90's.

But seriously there are many courses and pathways available for people who have gotten low atars. There is TAFE which people for some reason think is shameful to admit to, or there are transfers if you go into another course and kick ass in that one.

sdally

HSC
N/A
Why not go to Aspire Institute in Manly - the castle on the hill. They have a pathway program to UTS, UOW and UoN. aspire.edu.au. One year diploma there gets you into the 2nd year at Uni

Kittikhun

HSC

Yechan

HSC
N/A
So you cant make it into any university? not a single course?

What I would suggest is to gather information on all bonus points possible at any university and get into a university even if its in canberra/wollongong or something..

Get a grip and study your ass off for 1 year (aim distinction+) and then apply for transfer to a top university.

If you cant get into any university it means you probably had an atar of below 40 in which case you should reflect back on your life and how lazy your life has been.

Sorry if I sound rude but I really dont understand how one can get an ATAR below 50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)