• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Atheism - Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Name_Taken

HSC
Nah ofc you are :)

How can you claim to follow the word of God when you haven't written what little he has provided?
Even one who has read all of the scriptures couldn't possibly hope to memorise all of it, and continally apply its teachings in every action/decision they make.

I'd say I have read sufficient to understand its message though.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Lol but so much remains unexplained and unexplainable by your "natural processes".
And we know a heck of a lot more now than we did 1000 years ago. Who says that in 1000 years those unexplained and supposedly unexplainable things will remain so?

jazzzod

HSC
I just converted to Atheism. Upon reading this intensely intellectual debate i was forced to abandon my catholic heritage. As payment, i request that you all rep me.

KTHXBAI.

Name_Taken

HSC
And we know a heck of a lot more now than we did 1000 years ago. Who says that in 1000 years those unexplained and supposedly unexplainable things will remain so?
So you're putting your faith science lol, in corruptable humanity over and above that of the Creator?

You can't say you don't believe in God becuase you don't have faith. You do have faith, just in science rather than God. You rely on faith as much as I do, its just in a different area.

Science is a blunt tool. The scientific method will not have changed in 1000 years. New technologies and developments in thought may unlock new tools to use with which to investigate but, the unanswerable will remain so.

Name_Taken

HSC
I just converted to Atheism. Upon reading this intensely intellectual debate i was forced to abandon my catholic heritage. As payment, i request that you all rep me.

KTHXBAI.
Lol are you actually serious? Tisk tisk.

If anyone wants to watch an intense atheism vs christianity debate, search Dawkins-Lennox debate.
Alternatively, go here
The God Delusion Debate (Dawkins-Lennox)
Haha watching it now, its pretty cool, but Dawkins explainations are sooo lacking.

EDIT: Good grief Dawkins has some nerve lol.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Haha watching it now, its pretty cool, but Dawkins explainations are sooo lacking.

EDIT: Good grief Dawkins has some nerve lol.
Oh yes he has some nerve. He is debating a christian in america in one of the most narrow minded religious states.
He makes a good argument. It annoys me how lennox user the bible to support his argument.
The bible shouldn't be aloud to support a theistic argument.

Name_Taken

HSC
Oh yes he has some nerve. He is debating a christian in america in one of the most narrow minded religious states.
He makes a good argument. It annoys me how lennox user the bible to support his argument.
The bible shouldn't be aloud to support a theistic argument.
Rofl Lennox is walking all over Dawkins dude...

Do you have faith in your wife?
And that to even believe in science discoveries etc. you need to have faith that the universe is actually logically and rationally explainable.

Haha this is hilarious.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
+1 to Name_Taken
Militant Atheist Fundamentalist zealots have become far to confident in their new found religion (Church of Richard Dawkins). To believe that the earth and its grace just poofed into existence by freak chance requires more faith than any religion ever would.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
+1 to Name_Taken
Militant Atheist Fundamentalist zealots have become far to confident in their new found religion (Church of Richard Dawkins). To believe that the earth and its grace just poofed into existence by freak chance requires more faith than any religion ever would.
Why does it require faith over chance?

Name_Taken

HSC
No you have faith in the fact that it happened "your" way, despite the fact that you admit the chances of your explanation for everything having occured are so minute.

Dawkins attacked faith, because it requires that you take things for granted and don't excercise skepticism, or require evidence to support your assertions. Yet you support something like the universe and life beginning out of pure chance, of time beginning in a big bang, where matter became such out of nothing, where you're evidence for that?

(I'm just doing a Dawkins here and excercising a healthy skepticism). You require at least just as much faith as we do to believe our arguements.

Rofl just look at the feeble wet paper bag that you have erected in the face of Truth as an excuse for an arguement. Oh the hypocrisy!

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
The hierarchy of virtues is such that faith and chance order together in a sanctimony (Sanctifying Grace is the operator here, whilst the nature of Efficacious Grace is at a tangent) that assures one must have Faith in the Trinity (of which Efficacious Grace separates the same substance into different yet in harmony trio of Graces to make One God). Basic Theology really.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
The hierarchy of virtues is such that faith and chance order together in a sanctimony (Sanctifying Grace is the operator here, whilst the nature of Efficacious Grace is at a tangent) that assures one must have Faith in the Trinity (of which Efficacious Grace separates the same substance into different yet in harmony trio of Graces to make One God). Basic Theology really.
That didn't explain jack shit.
Just because you don't understand something, dosn't mean it has to be a divine miracle.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
That didn't explain jack shit.
Just because you don't understand something, dosn't mean it has to be a divine miracle.
Clearly you do not understand the nature of Divine grace. *Face Palm* This is why people like Richard Dawkins should stick to being a biologist- you people don't know the subtle, nuanced sophistication that is Theology.

occer

HSC
N/A
Damn I hate it when theists shit all over good threads.

Name_Taken

HSC
Damn I hate it when theists shit all over good threads.
Rofl, you could just admit you're wrong and that there is a God :cool:

Anyway, if you start a thread entitled "Atheism - Discussion Thread" you can't not expect a theological attack, its inevitable.

If I made a thread "All About God" or w/e I would expect you guys to come and play.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)