Attendance in year 12?? (1 Viewer)

Zai94

HSC
Hey guys,
Does any know the minimum rate of attendance for year 12? I keep hearing that if its not over a certain number you dont get ur hsc or something...help???

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if this is a statewide policy, but my school had an 85% attendance rate to receive the HSC.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Chill out, like what is the worst thing that could happen?

But 85% + is required in terms of attendance, but seriously don't worry. Just chill out.

iBibah

HSC

But 85% + is required in terms of attendance, but seriously don't worry. Just chill out.
She doesn't satisfy the attendance rate required and then doesn't get her HSC.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A

Depends how you define "worst", but the principal can deem you haven't met the course requirements, therefore, you are not eligible to sit the HSC for that subject in that year. If you don't think that is a "worst" scenario, then sure, nothing tragic will happen.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
85%!?

Damn that's high. What if you're off sick for a month or two? Or have some sort of recurring illness?

iBibah

HSC
85%!?

Damn that's high. What if you're off sick for a month or two? Or have some sort of recurring illness?
You would have to fill out the appropriate paperwork and your fine. It's not set in stone, there are circumstances where it is disregarded.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
85%!?

Well you have to have a really good reason why. Like you will definitely need medical certificates. Also you may be required to contact the people who deal with this stuff, and give like a reason if you had some sort of surgery - which is good enough.

HSC
it's not enforced by bos, so unless your school are complete douche's it won't matter

or unless you missed like every second day

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think schools inform students of this policy specifically, otherwise all the deadbeats would just turn up for the least amount of days possible.

awstarr

HSC
The standard is 85%. Though at our school 95% is required.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
A good method of overcoming this rule is...attending. Ground-breaking.

Another difficult-to-understand point: don't skip school w/o legit reasons.

HSC
Uni Grad
I got told it's 80% attendance rate, well, I think it just my school then. But also, I think it's my school only, but we can't miss more than 8 classes of a particular subject. But I don't think they monitored as such, cause I probably missed out on a max of a week this year and they tend not to care really. Most of my teachers do care about what's been happening but as long as I am getting good scores and doing the work, they are fine about it.

Last edited:

jessicamay

HSC
schools don't usually take that much notice until a teacher complains

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
The Board does not specify a minimum attendance level. The Principal has to be satisfied that the student has demonstrated "diligence and sustained effort" in the course. Otherwise the Principal can make an N (non-completion) determination and the course does not count towards the HSC.There must be at least two official warnings before an N.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)