Attendance requirements (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Last week I was feeling sick and consequently missed one of my seminars. I did not go to the doctor or get a doctor's certificate. I just looked at my unit outline then and it said "you are required to attend all seminars". Does this mean that they can fail me because I missed one seminar? I'm only asking because normally only 80% attendance is required for seminars....which allows you to miss a few without being failed. Thanks.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Week 2 and your already skipping seminars! Your fast! Just joking :)

Most of the time its a 80% attendance rate, because things can happen during the semester. It would be best to email your tutor or whatever runs the seminar and ask them.

Alternatively I have an old doctors certificate you can use and forge if you like :)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
it says on my units that attendance at lectures is compulsory, yet ive never had a roll check or anythin..

L

LaraB

matt#1 said:
Last week I was feeling sick and consequently missed one of my seminars. I did not go to the doctor or get a doctor's certificate. I just looked at my unit outline then and it said "you are required to attend all seminars". Does this mean that they can fail me because I missed one seminar? I'm only asking because normally only 80% attendance is required for seminars....which allows you to miss a few without being failed. Thanks.
what unit is it? and who's the lecturer?

coz most lecturers seem to be alrite with you missing 2, 3 max without any explanations :) seminars seem to be less strict than tutes for that kinda thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)