Attention!: New Mandatory School Certificate Assessment!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm doing the SC this year, and im annoyed that we arent going to do the computing one! lol, it wouldve made me look good! :D

Johnny8890

HSC
I seriously thought the School Certificate would be much harder than the trials but after looking at the trials how much harder could the SC be?

btw, 6 days till the official SCs

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
SC should be easier than the trials. Otherwise, it would at least be marked easier than the trials.

groovychacha

HSC
Our school was supposed to b doing the exam but it got banned by federation bcoz there wasnt enuf computers in our skool or sumthing... who knos... but yea we dont hav 2 do it now

Jerruy

HSC
we are doing it but it doesnt count for anything.

Jait

HSC
N/A
Your score will not even be listed on your SC unless you do it in 06 or later. The trial is to help the schools and BoS to get their act together.

watiwat

HSC
Heh. This is amusing. Our school uses the Trial Computing Skills Test to test the Year8 Design n Tech students. And everyone passes with high marks. If students 2 years younger than the norm can do well in the test, then everyone else can too.

[to prep for the test, throughout the year, yr8s had to complete the ICDL (international computer driver's licence) course.. which completely annoying, since its a random guy with a monotonous voice telling you about Excel, Word, the WWW and the parts of a computer, and everyone just skips to the assessment at the end of each topic anyway.. ]

banno

HSC
im starting year 10 this year, but im already doing year 11 stuff for computing and the year 10 stuff was so easy, i cant picture this to be at all difficult. anyone who is able to reply to a topic on a forum would pass with flying colours.

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
There was an article in The Sun-Herald this week (March 12th) saying the dispute within a ban of the Computing Skills Assessment this year for the School Certificate. Teachers haved voted to ban it. I'm not sure if it'll follow through. Here's the summary:

Teachers blame that there is shortage of computers in scools, a lack of teacher training and poor technical support. 300 teachers representatives voted unanimously against staging the test which was due to take place in November.

The NSW Board Of Studies has recognised the lack of computers in schools by saying students would be allowed to sit the test using pen and paper if required.

"With all goodwill in the world, we cannot guarantee that syllabus requirements have been met, and that teachers are not prepared to let their students sit the test"

Teachers would consider allowing the test to go ahead next year assessing trainging and computer availability.

The ban follows a recent advisory by the Teachers Ferderation that they new style of report cards set to be introduced this year were "educationally unsound" and should not be implemented.

The syllabus has also been turned around since new Premier Morris Iemma, with the grading criteria. There also is no longer the marks based upon "Excellent, Satisfactory, Developed....etc" now it's graded as "A, B, C, D...." which follow under "Limited, Adequate, High...."

Last edited:

vizman

HSC
i don't believe it is on this year, some teachers federation group thing are striking against it, so its off.

P

pLuvia

The computer test isn't hard at all, really easy test. It was in trial when I was in year 10

lala2

Banned
HSC
It was in trial when I was in year 10 in 2003. It was easy. As reiterated throughout this thread by several ppl, if you can post here, you'll be able to pass with flying colours.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It's so easy that you could do it in less than half an hour. You don't even need to study for it at all.

Peteage

HSC
I just did that test this year (2006) half way through the year, do i also do it at the end?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)