Attention: those who dropped Ext 1 cause of Romanticism [Austen/Bronte] (1 Viewer)

ixswans

HSC
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but does anyone absolutely love Romanticism now?

It is amazing. I've never liked Extension 1 better, am in love with Byron, in awe of the breaking down of barriers, enjoy reading all my set texts very much..

Romanticism is fantastic :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but does anyone absolutely love Romanticism now?

It is amazing. I've never liked Extension 1 better, am in love with Byron, in awe of the breaking down of barriers, enjoy reading all my set texts very much..

Romanticism is fantastic :)
No.

And I have decided you are mentally disturbed.

kate2010

HSC
it's important to remember that unlike crime which is classified as a genre. romanticism is actually a movement. Romanticism can't be classified as an genre because it was actually a way of thinking and a movement of change.
The people that were the driving force behind romanticism had many values and beliefs that were reflected in the texts of the time (be it music, artwork, poetry, prose etc)

good luck with the studies.

kcrocks

HSC
Hm.... Romanticism

girls- should like this
guys- prepare yourself for a (very) boring year

driaxx

HSC
I loved Romanticism. Sure it got hard - because it's an EXTENSION subject it's supposed to be tricky. Northanger Abbey was my favorite (probably because I got the audiobook rather than sat there reading the book: much easier to sink in.) I liked it more than Wuthering Heights anyway

I'm not saying that I flew through the course, the literature CAN get bland and I went through one phase (after spending a week perfecting a Northanger assessment) where I wanted to drop the subject, but it all pays off with your marks.

It's ignorant to say from now that you don't like the subject because of the literature. Seeing past that is what will get you good grades.

Jessiefaye92

HSC
Lol I too am going to bump an old thread...I find some things we've done thus far in Extension on Romanticism interesting-I hate poetry and yet I still can't help but love Kubla Khan, and I do find Wuthering Heights interesting (And find it easy to study whilst humming the tune of the Kate Bush song XD)-though at the same time I loathe some aspects of it-Rime of the Ancient Mariner is stupidly long and I don't like it.

Also, I like doing Frankenstein in advanced English, though that's probably because it's gothic and science fiction as well as Romantic (And is also critical of Romanticism :D)

Personally, I find the Enlightenment movement fair more interesting-Voltaire and Gibbon are two epicly epic writers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)