Attitude towards HSC (1 Viewer)

idling fire

HSC
I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

I actually find it infuriating when people are like: "It's the HSC! Worry everybody! This is the most important thing EVER. It's so important and we have to have no lives because all we're going to do is study! Have you started studying yet? Why not?!!! You know our HSC is only in 6 more months zomg!11!!11"

So it determines what uni course you get into... so what?
I'm not going to get the UAI I need for the course I want (hell, at 99.65 I'm not even going to come close). It's just another year of school... this time examined from the outside sources of the beyond.

Maybe I'm too relaxed about it, but I don't treat it as any different to year 11.

Anyway, nice to hear people's opinions on this.

LatK7

HSC
Well personally i feel that since it's the last year, you may aswell try your hardest and do the best you can. That's just my take on it anyway.

circusmind

HSC
idling fire said:
I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

I actually find it infuriating when people are like: "It's the HSC! Worry everybody! This is the most important thing EVER. It's so important and we have to have no lives because all we're going to do is study! Have you started studying yet? Why not?!!! You know our HSC is only in 6 more months zomg!11!!11"

So it determines what uni course you get into... so what?
I'm not going to get the UAI I need for the course I want (hell, at 99.65 I'm not even going to come close). It's just another year of school... this time examined from the outside sources of the beyond.

Maybe I'm too relaxed about it, but I don't treat it as any different to year 11.

Anyway, nice to hear people's opinions on this.

"If you remain cool and calm while all around you are panicking, you probably haven't appreciated the gravity of the situation."

HSC
Sure there's nothing wrong with being relaxed, but don't be too relaxed..you do have your future to think about...you may set yourself back a year or so that you didn't need to just because you were lazy...

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
To me it was the same as any year. I would get annoyed when during the year people asked about it/how I was going like they expected me to say its difficult/stressful. It is this kind of attitude towards it and the "zomg you survived the HSC!!!" that I hate. Seriously, completing the HSC is nothing to gloat about. That's not to say I didn't care about my marks, but that's always been the case.

idling fire

HSC
circusmind said:
"If you remain cool and calm while all around you are panicking, you probably haven't appreciated the gravity of the situation."
The gravity being... g = 9.8 ms^-2 towards centre of Earth? Or a different planet now?

watatank said:
Sure there's nothing wrong with being relaxed, but don't be too relaxed..you do have your future to think about...you may set yourself back a year or so that you didn't need to just because you were lazy...
I'm not suggesting to be too relaxed - I'll still try to get decent marks - just not this whole "3 hours study per night" thing.

circusmind

HSC
idling fire said:
I'm not suggesting to be too relaxed - I'll still try to get decent marks - just not this whole "3 hours study per night" thing.
See that's the thing. If 'decent marks' for you is high 90s like you indicated, then you're going to have to work balls-to-the-wall this year, even if you're a genius.

PS: studying during the year is daft. good decision.

ice ken

HSC
just try ure hardest and u wont regret!!!. remember u gota have fun in the last of highschool too. ull neva get another chance. i relli miss highschool! people are too mature in uni.
and hi to my best friend soul searcher!!!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i think it's good to keep your head,

i'm not too fond of ppl who overtly display their attitude towards the hsc. whatever it may be - whether its "study 24/7" "who gives a damn" etc.

whatever attitude you have - no need to enforce it on others.

other than that - i'm not too fussed what attitude ppl actually carry....each to their own :) everyone is different, has different priorities in life etc, so naturally attitudes will vary from person to person.

Bec-B

HSC
idling fire said:
I really don't get what all the fuss is about...

Not with that attitude your not.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
cl3nta said:
just do it;)
our curriculum coordinator said htat to us, and just as well all started smirking and gigling like immature school girls she reminded us 'that is, purely in an academic sense'

haha
must be a favourite quote for teachers?

petraawad

HSC
nobody can function on a purely academic level and if you try youll only end up going crazy. whats the point of getting 100 in the HSC if when you look back you cant even remember the last time you had fun with your school friends. fair enough, try your hardest but dont over exhert yourself. this is the last year of your life in high school before everyone goes their separate ways - have fun party get drunk make out with randoms. you can have fun and get good marks without having a mental breakdown .

idling fire

HSC
Heh. Apologies if any offence caused by my posts today. :)
A friend had been over stressing about exams, so this topic was started as a bit of a rant.
Whoops.

Thanks for the contributions guys and girls.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i'm currently putting in about 60% of the effort i could be putting in.. [if that..]
and i'm getting stressed/disappointed with myself..
i'm going to end up fat and old, wearing a hessian sack and living in a caravan out the back of whoopwhoopville with 123091203021 kids whose names i can't remember...and i'll sit on my milk crate smoking a bong and reminising on how i wish i had studied back in the day...

my attitude was- put everything i had in.. just to see if i could. so i didnt have regrets etc...
i'm here on bos.. so i obviously can't.
eh.
i'm going to france next year.. sothat gives me a whole year of getting over my UAI of 31...
and then i'll come back and do hospitality or something...
at least then i can feed the 12o390123 kids properly.

:)

petraawad

HSC
im probably putting in 40% (especially considering the half yearlys), so ill probably have a cardboard shack right next door to you. (after 300 kids, wouldnt you rip out your uterus ?)

1. the hsc is a sham.
2. if your school is a good school then you 60% is equivalent to 93% at the end of year exams (dont ask me where these figures are from)
3. listen to the cliches - there is always a way around anything you want to do (except maybe if your dyslexic and want to become a doctor). my cousin got about 70 UAI and now shes doing Law and Sydney Uni. i repeat. the hsc is a sham.
4. if you do bomb out...you could always go to uni in melbourne since our hsc is 30 times harder then all the other state equivalents therefore a UAI of 80 here is near 100 in WA.
5. ENJOY YOUR FUCKING LIFE.
6. this is the one chance your going to get to go underage clubbing before your legal. DO IT. but make sure you dont drink too much so that you can still finish an assessment the next day .

Ged Janet

HSC
I don't really know what to think about the hsc... i mean i have moments of stressing, and then contrasting moments of calmness....
I believe it's a bit silly how everyone puts so much emphasis on the HSC, like it's the be-all-or-end-all of life, because it isn't. Yet it is the final moment of schooling- the thing you have worked up toward since kindy. So i guess the way to motivate us is for everyone to make a big deal about it.
I don't think we should get all upset and worked up in a mess over it, yet i know it happens, often due to the expectations placed on us.
I think we should all have fun and enjoy it. This is the time in our lives when we are growing up, and a time to have fun! Yet at the same time, to end our school years with good marks, we need to work hard and persevere when it gets tough. I think it is possible to do both work hard and have fun!
Mmmmm... what does everyone else think? :) xox

Chocolat

HSC
I think the HSC is important and you might as well try your best in your subjects and all that because it's good for your future academic career and profession...but I think that in the end, I really discourage people from taking the HSC so seriously and personally...as if it's a judgement of their character, because really it's not...and if you don't do as well as you need/want to get into whatever course, there are plenty of other ways to achieve your dream :D. The sky's the limit...as the cliche goes :D.
In the end it's more important to be a good person with a good heart, rather then get 100 UAI (although both would be most welcoming haha)...in my opinion anyway :p.

*maria*

HSC
Man life is going so fast! i remember my first day of school, and here i am talking about hsc. oh yeah back to the topic...Im stressed about not being stressed.

Infact, i have a test tomorrow, assessed 15%, and i am sitting here sctatching my head thinking about what colour i should paint my nails!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)