Attitude towards HSC (1 Viewer)

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
My attitude? We're all going to fail.

Might as well make it a good fail.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Chocolat said:
I think the HSC is important and you might as well try your best in your subjects and all that because it's good for your future academic career and profession...but I think that in the end, I really discourage people from taking the HSC so seriously and personally...as if it's a judgement of their character, because really it's not...and if you don't do as well as you need/want to get into whatever course, there are plenty of other ways to achieve your dream :D. The sky's the limit...as the cliche goes :D.
In the end it's more important to be a good person with a good heart, rather then get 100 UAI (although both would be most welcoming haha)...in my opinion anyway :p.
See, this is something I wish to achieve in my thought processes. Unfortunately, my apatheic mind is no nearer to this than I am to getting a band E4 in extension english.

Legham

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
See, this is something I wish to achieve in my thought processes. Unfortunately, my apatheic mind is no nearer to this than I am to getting a band E4 in extension english.
Omg, are you talking about when the CD player cant read the CD and it says E4?? I thought that was just an inside joke between some of my friends :p

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Legham said:
Omg, are you talking about when the CD player cant read the CD and it says E4?? I thought that was just an inside joke between some of my friends :p
No.

It's the equivalent of a Band 6 in any 2 unit subject.

Legham

HSC
Oh lol :(

Well, some of my friends always say "E 4!" in a hell retarded voice when people do something stupid.. cause thats the error message that comes up in the car when the cd player can't read..

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Legham said:
Oh lol :(

Well, some of my friends always say "E 4!" in a hell retarded voice when people do something stupid.. cause thats the error message that comes up in the car when the cd player can't read..
Haha. That's so random.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
idling fire said:
I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

I actually find it infuriating when people are like: "It's the HSC! Worry everybody! This is the most important thing EVER. It's so important and we have to have no lives because all we're going to do is study! Have you started studying yet? Why not?!!! You know our HSC is only in 6 more months zomg!11!!11"

So it determines what uni course you get into... so what?
I'm not going to get the UAI I need for the course I want (hell, at 99.65 I'm not even going to come close). It's just another year of school... this time examined from the outside sources of the beyond.

Maybe I'm too relaxed about it, but I don't treat it as any different to year 11.

Anyway, nice to hear people's opinions on this.
OK. Sit back and relax. You have your choice :D

shorty123

HSC
my attitude towards the hsc is simple....i refuse to accept the idea of going to school for 13years (incl kindi:)) of my life and not getting anything out of it...i've already had my fun and mucked around for 12years, so now its time to seriously sit down and study my ass off :)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
shorty123 said:
my attitude towards the hsc is simple....i refuse to accept the idea of going to school for 13years (incl kindi:)) of my life and not getting anything out of it...i've already had my fun and mucked around for 12years, so now its time to seriously sit down and study my ass off :)
I refused to accept the idea of going to school for 13 years (incl kindi) of my life and thinking that all I "get out of it" is a number between 30 and 100

I could use a random number generator and get one of those in about a billionth of a second, then force my way into uni through a combination of blackmail, extortion and fraud. That's not what school's about.

SoulSearcher said:
iStudy Australia are currently using all of the above to make a killing out of it.

Legham

HSC
shorty123 said:
What you're saying is that every single thing you've learnt at school is worthless.. Even reading, writing and simple maths like addition and subtraction is worthless. You learnt all that just so you can use it in these last exams, then you might as well forget it, right?

Great theory.

shorty123

HSC
Legham said:
What you're saying is that every single thing you've learnt at school is worthless.. Even reading, writing and simple maths like addition and subtraction is worthless. You learnt all that just so you can use it in these last exams, then you might as well forget it, right?

Great theory.

thats not wat im saying...im just saying that i cant bludge this year cause i need a high UAI to do what i want to do, and i wont achieve it if i bludge and muck around this year like the previous years.

Legham

HSC
shorty123 said:
thats not wat im saying...im just saying that i cant bludge this year cause i need a high UAI to do what i want to do, and i wont achieve it if i bludge and muck around this year like the previous years.
shorty123 said:
13years (incl kindi:)) of my life and not getting anything out of it
Bolded, cause thats what you were saying.

Winnar.

but yes, i know what you mean :p

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Legham said:

Great theory.
haha ... dont be slack. i highly doubt thats what he/she means...

:) ps.
we just finished exams and i came across the highly prevelant attitude of 'omg. like im totally like not spending all my time studying coz like.. i so couldnt do that.. i'd like go crazy, its just not like.. worth it.'

this is going to come across badly [like idont have a life and dont get out] but i just find that more often than not we say this in an attempt to justify it to ourselves...
[and yes i agree you can't study 24/7, but i dont see the harm in taking a rest from going out for a couple of weeks up to the exams...]
the truth is- we're not going to go insane if we miss going out and getting wasted on goon for one weekend.
and the other thing... [and i think im guilty of this myself..]
when people achieve and we're like... 'Shes smart, but she has no life.. i wouldnt wanna be like that..'

sorry to say.. but i wouldnt mind sacraficing my social life for success...
it just makes me feel better to think that their lives are horrible and totally composed of study.. and that thats the only reason why they're kicking my arse academically....

but eh.. i just no im not going to make those sacraficess............ not enough will power.
:)

brows

HSC
petraawad said:
nobody can function on a purely academic level and if you try youll only end up going crazy. whats the point of getting 100 in the HSC if when you look back you cant even remember the last time you had fun with your school friends. fair enough, try your hardest but dont over exhert yourself. this is the last year of your life in high school before everyone goes their separate ways - have fun party get drunk make out with randoms. you can have fun and get good marks without having a mental breakdown .
Brilliantly put. Do the work, but more importantly enjoy your last year b/c how many of your mates will you stay in touch with after school?? Lots of people will travel/move etc and you may lose contact. Make the most of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)