Audio Engineering? (1 Viewer)

qf11bd

HSC
Hi,

I'm considering Audio Engineering as a profession after I complete the HSC in 2013. Firstly, are there any requirements (marks wise) that would be important for this sort of career? And secondly, where is the best place to get a Diploma or Bachelor in Audio Engineering? I've already looked at both the AIM and SAE for courses, and they look good. Any of those worthwhile?

P.S Yes I am a musician (am doing the Music course), and have a large interest in everything to do with music.

Regards,

Brendan

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Marks are less of a requirement in this type of industry. A lot of places are audition/interview/portfolio based, so I wouldn't worry to much. I mean, you should still aim to do well (because it's often a contributing factor), but it generally isn't the main requirement.

JMC I believe has courses in it, which may be worth looking into. Wollongong did, but I'm not sure if they're running it any more. I think it's been shelved for the time being. Charles Sturt may have some stuff as well, which is worth checking out to confirm.

Above all, get as much practice and skill building while you can. Practical experience will help you infinitely.

qf11bd

HSC
Thanks for the reply, that has helped a lot. I will continue to have a look around!

Thanks again,

Brendan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)