Audio text for Discovery Portfolio? (1 Viewer)

Thomasta3

HSC
I have scoured some HSC discovery websites in search of songs that have linkage to discovery, but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone has an audio text (preferably a song) that has links to discovery? I figured it would be more useful to post here than to arbitrarily looks for songs online.

Thanks in advance :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Why do you in particular want to analyse a song? Usually a song is highly not recommended as a related text because you need to have the musical ability to analyse the pitch and tone of the song as well as the fact that song lyrics usually have a chorus means that it often only covers a very narrow part of the discovery rubric and hence is usually one of the least flexible type of related text to use for unseen essay questions

Thomasta3

HSC
I wanted to use a song to add some variety to my list of texts. I currently have a non-fiction novel, short story, epic and film. If you have a good suggestion of another form of text that would add a different dynamic to my portfolio I would love to hear it!

Thomasta3

HSC
I already have an epic though, I believe that's classified as poetry... a speech is interesting though. Do you have any ideas for a speech with aspects of discovery? That'd be unique for sure, don't know of anyone in my class doing something like that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)