• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aus Open (1 Viewer)

tempco

HSC
Baghdatis didn't put up much of a fight... well, it is his first grand slam final.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
@damage inc: and you want to be a mod yer? grow the fuck up already ..

yeah i wanted to see baghdatis win tho ><"

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Oh well... at least Baghdatis won the first set. I think Baghdatis started great and started to go down after that second set, Roger started bad but gradually improved his game. :)

karoooh

HSC
OMG!

He's speechless! And crying! See? This is why I love Roger! And yes, I know I was rooting for Baghdatis, because he is the underdog and I ALWAYS go for Roger! It wouldn't have mattered if Baghdatis won instead, I STILL would've been happy! :p:p:p:p

tempco

HSC
Weird. Roger's the guy who doesn't move a facial muscle when hitting his forehand... then he bawls in front of thousands of people when accepting his 7th grand slam win.

^___^
HSC
tempco said:
Weird. Roger's the guy who doesn't move a facial muscle when hitting his forehand... then he bawls in front of thousands of people when accepting his 7th grand slam win.
most likely because of his first coach(when JA mentioned about Peter Carter) who died 2yrs ago...and he was an Aussie..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
tempco said:
yeah true, seems like his emotionless but guess we were wrong :p

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Federer not playing his best tennis....

errr.. yeah right..:(

This is sad, very sad :( :(

Marcos: "I was in the final, I lost, it was amazing"

:D:D:D:D That was hillarious !!

gosh

it was nice to see bit of emotion in the end, showed he really is human. federer takes his sport very seriously we could see the win really meant a lot to him. that deserves a lot of respect.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
... - your sig is so funny! :D :rofl:

The last few captions were funny too, "God Mode turned on", reminds me of UT?

karoooh

HSC
If it is about Peter Carter, then I'm really shitty at what's-his-face right now - He doesn't want to talk about it! He's just to nice to say anything! Why can't they get the message and stop digging at him?! :(:(:(:(

sarevok

HSC
wow

i almost broke down as well when roger started crying

it's weird because when he won the australian open 04 he showed very little emotion in his celebrations

i think it was rod laver's presence that pushed him over the edge

vizman

HSC
WOO GOO ROGER FEDERER!!!! ...yeh definately Rod Laver made him go fairly emotional .. still a great match

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Great match, I was somewhat worried at the start but knew Roger would pull through.

Touching moments at the end, seeing the human side heh. It was good to see how much the win and moreover the historical achievement meant to him.

I laughed when he half-whimpered "thanks for the trOPHey" as his final words. Obviously overcome with emotion - clearly a different person to the invincible composed athlete we see on the court.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)