Aus VS Rest of the World Jan 11 (Cricket). (1 Viewer)

TheTeZ

HSC
Refer to: http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/DEC/144647_WCI_31DEC2004.html

There are moves to organise a one day game between Aus VS the Rest of the World (excluding England & Sth Africa) to raise funds for the tsunami victims. My questions; would you support this & what team would you field for the Rest of the World.

I personally am very very excited about the prospect of this game & believe it will be a huge success.

My Rest of the World squad:

Lara
Tendulkar
Sehwag
Jayasuria
Oram
Rahul Dravid OR VVS Laxman
Kumar Sangakarra
Akhtar
Tuffey
Muralitheran
Harbajan

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
TheTeZ said:
Refer to: http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/DEC/144647_WCI_31DEC2004.html

There are moves to organise a one day game between Aus VS the Rest of the World (excluding England & Sth Africa) to raise funds for the tsunami victims. My questions; would you support this & what team would you field for the Rest of the World.

I personally am very very excited about the prospect of this game & believe it will be a huge success.

My Rest of the World squad:

Lara
Tendulkar
Sehwag
Jayasuria
Oram
Rahul Dravid OR VVS Laxman
Kumar Sangakarra
Akhtar
Tuffey
Muralitheran
Harbajan

hey dude its a combined asian team ( sri lanka, pakistan, and india) taking on the rest of the world its gonna be held at MCG on January 10 or 14 cant remember to raise money for tsunamis victims

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
The ICC team will be made up of NZ, West Indies and Aussie players.

Good to see channel nine covering such a prospective game.

TheTeZ

HSC
IP_freely said:
hey dude its a combined asian team ( sri lanka, pakistan, and india) taking on the rest of the world its gonna be held at MCG on January 10 or 14 cant remember to raise money for tsunamis victims
Yeh, I just heard that on Ch9. Its going to be held Jan 10 at the MCG, the ROW team has been announced on www.cricinfo.com.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
so its asia vs the rest of the world so aus will be part of the rest of the world team?

max

HSC
yes, Asia vs ROW is the fundraiser and includes Aussie players.
Aust vs ROW is later in the year.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
I suppose the top 4 batsman is australians. i.e. leave the top four lineup? That's be cool.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I heard Steve Waugh and Richard Hadlee are picking the ROW team. Anyways this is who i would pic for both sides. (Well really the program i developed statistically chose the best team based on one day stats in 2004 based on runs, average, strike rate, wickets etc)

ROW
1. AC Gilchrist (Australia)
2. SP Fleming (New Zealand)
3. ME Trescothick (England)
4. RR Sarwan (West Indies)
5. JH Kallis (South Africa)
6. A Symonds (Australia)
7. A Flintoff (England)
8. HH Streak (Zimbabwe)
9. JN Gillespie (Australia)
10. DL Vettori (New Zealand)
11. MS Kasprowicz (Australia)

In the case of HH Streak not playing JDP Oram (New Zealand) would take his place.

ASIA
1. MS Atapattu (Sri Lanka)
2. SR Tendulkar (India)
3. R Dravid (India)
4. Y Youhana (Pakistan)
5. Inzamam ul-Haq (Pakistan)
6. KC Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
7. A Razzaq (Pakistan)
8. IK Pathan (India)
9. WPUJC Vaas (Sri Lanka)
10. DNT Zoysa (Sri Lanka)
11. M Muralitharan (Sri Lanka)

Possible replace DNT Zoysa with Shoaib Akhtar and Atapattu for Sehwag or Jayasuriya

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
I suppose the top 4 batsman is australians. i.e. leave the top four lineup? That's be cool.
I highly doubt it, Ponting, Hayden and Martyn have been too out of form compared to others in the world in one dayers

max

HSC
They have announced the ROW team.
I will list them as follows:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Lara
Ponting (c)
Fleming
Gayle
Cairns
Warne
Vettori
Gough
Mcgrath (vc) lol jk
(12 Bravo)

I expect the Asian 12 will be similar to that of ac's post above me.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
max said:
They have announced the ROW team.
I will list them as follows:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Lara
Ponting (c)
Fleming
Gayle
Cairns
Warne
Vettori
Gough
Mcgrath (vc) lol jk
(12 Bravo)

I expect the Asian 12 will be similar to that of ac's post above me.
Warne playing one day again? Honestly i dont think the bowling attack of ROW will be good enough for Asia. They will just have to pile on 300+ runs.

EDIT: oh and i forgot the England vs South Africa series on so some of my chosen players couldnt play anyways. Sucks that Kallis isnt playing

max

HSC
acmilan said:
Warne playing one day again? Honestly i dont think the bowling attack of ROW will be good enough for Asia. They will just have to pile on 300+ runs.

EDIT: oh and i forgot the England vs South Africa series on so some of my chosen players couldnt play anyways. Sucks that Kallis isnt playing
So you're a kallis fan ey?

Yep, the selections were based upon availability as much as class/form.
I doubt also that the game will take serious proportions - it is just an exhibition game.
Warne has said that it's just a one off one day game for the sake of the funds. (etc)
I think he and vettori should combine well.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Nah not a big fan of Kallis but i like his style as well as his consistency. Although hes not my favourite player I have to admit hes currently the best batsman in both forms. Add to that hes not so bad with the ball either

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
acmilan said:

as is m8....

mcgrath and gough opening (gough is old but still good)
then ya got warnie and vettori
and then cairns , can gayle bowl??

they dont hav many bowlers but if they all bowl well, they hav the bowlers 2 win it, and also,.....they can easilt 'pile on 300+ runs'...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Gayle can bowl pretty good but hes more of a batsmen. My only problem is putting guys like Fleming and Gayle in the middle when they are normally openers

max

HSC
acmilan said:
Gayle can bowl pretty good but hes more of a batsmen. My only problem is putting guys like Fleming and Gayle in the middle when they are normally openers

don't forget it's just an exhibition match..

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
Lara, Gayle and Bravo could all be in doubt due fear of injury (heard on news last night)

if thats the case its gonna be a screwed coz who r they gonna replace em wif?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh he was kinda unlucky. maybe hayden got in based on what he did before and not now, because i think the world XI have too many openers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)