Australian Defence Force (1 Viewer)

AAF_Cadet0205

HSC
hey im trying to find out as much as i can about being an infantry officer i mean do u go to adfa then rmc-d or what i mean im so confused ai

-ben

TheStallion

HSC
quite difficult.
not only that, your locked in for 11.5 years.
I'd like to point out that it's 11.5 years if you're not an officer. If you're an officer, it's 14.5 years.

Tim_107

HSC
Ever since yr 12 i wanted to be a pilot in RAAF, i talked to ppl about it (mainly former pilots) and they said to get a degree (that u want to do and if its possible thats combatible with adf) then at the end of it see if u still want to be a pilot. So i'm currently doing a civil engineering degree (2nd year)

Its a big commitment, but that shouldn't be a problem if u really want to be in the RAAF flying thier planes, your singing your life away, but what u get out of it is all worth it.

I'm not 100% committed to it, its a big contract, chances r u wont fight, but who knows, and for me (coz i'm of the west coast) i'll have to move over east.

I hear about this gap year recently, it came out when i was finishing school, but i just ignored it ( i wish i hadn't) 2 of my mates have done it/doing it, ones in army full time now, the other is in navy gap year, i'm interested in the air force gap year, applications open may 1st, so not long now, i guess i'd do it to see if i'm really keen for trying to be a pilot.

Tim_107

HSC
yeh i considered that, but i'm at UWA at they dont do aeronautical, and i didn't want to go over east to study it,

i considered getting undergrad sponsorhip (pay for ur degree and salary) but the roso (return of service obligation) is huge add that onto the min 10 years.

mech eng doesn't interest me at all, sure cars and stuff do, but all my mates doing mech, say that thats kinda a myth (that mech engineers work on boats and cars) sure they can, but most of them dont.

For me it was between civil and environmental, so i chose civil, coz they dont accept enviro in adf, plus u dont really need a engineering degree to be a pilot, sure it helps, but as a civil eng, i've done the same maths, physics, chem as a mech engineer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)