Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
purplemonkey said:
They havent done any specific decades as themes yet...

Song choices for Sunday night;

* Chris "Play That Funky Music" - Wild Cherry
* Dean "Turn The Beat Around" - Gloria Estefans
* Bobby "Super Freak" - Rick James
Ohhhhh man, I am so looking forward to the above selection by those 3 :D

anniea89

HSC
How do you know you're going to meet them, did you get VIP tickets? I went last Sunday, and if you've just got a general admission ticket, you're destined to stand at the back...not much happens in the ads (cd, lolly giveaways, etc) and they pretty much usher you out straight away...its really good to see them live though
Nah, my friend has some conncections, and we get to hang around and go to the after party.

I'm very interested to see Dean's performance and erm if he's "sexed up" yet. :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
My least liked performers seem to be going first - Chris, Lavina, Ricky.

I cringed at Chris's performance as well as Kyle's comment. Urgh!

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
The judges were a little harsh with Damien. What did they expect? It's disco, he can't do anything else with it.

Edit: or he could've done what Bobby's doing and take a disco song and completely change it.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It was bad but I didn't expect them to be so harsh.

Yeah, he can't do disco but at least refrain from choosing the WORST possible song for himself.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
The judges dont seem to like any of the performances, so why the heck did they put disco as a theme. Its stupid. No-one was good enough for the judges, i dont know about Chris coz i wasnt really paying attention, but the others the judges didnt like. The judges are really annoying me, and i cant stand them. Maybe its just this week, and they'll be nice again next week, but right now i just want to punch Mark and Kyle *releases fustration* Poor Damien though, they were really harsh on him. I hope there is a theme where the judges can select the finalists songs

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I haven't heard the judges comments yet cos the performance is still on but this might just be my fav performance by Dean...weirdly.

GET RID OF THE SHIRT THOUGH!

Edit: Agreed with Mark. Dean is actually improving week after week.

Lisa was weird. I'm 50/50 on her now but I still wanna see her next week.

Last edited:

0Jade0

HSC
kate_is_me said:
The judges were a little harsh with Damien. What did they expect? It's disco, he can't do anything else.
Agree. I didn't see it. But he really didn't sound bad.

Bad song. Even worse genre. Disco is just shite.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Bobby: Weird factor = sky high

Awesome factor = sky freaking high :D :D

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Dean was awesome, but yes i agree with you Sarah, he needed to get rid of that shirt, it was horrible *yuk*

Bobby, meh! I dont know, never really liked him, and he needs to rid her shirt as well *yuk*

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Geez, Bobby's dancing was freaking me out. It was still awesome though. Dean was good. and hello, he did a backflip. As if he won't make it through to next week. The backflip alone will get him through, lol.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Jessica is like a better, more talented, more understated, less show offy version of Lavina.

Favs this week = Bobby, Dean and Jess.

Alright = Lisa, Lavina

Worst = the rest

Kate: Bobby's dancing is weird but his arrangement was just a killer.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
<3 Jess.

Looking forward to Lisa's guitar performance next week! xD

Kyle and Mark were way too harsh on Dean, even if his performace did make him look like a poofta.

Also I think Dean is a great performer, but I really don't like him for some unknown reason.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
yeah, bobby's arrangement was awesome. Best tonight for me were: Dean, Bobby, Jess

Worst: ... hmm. I'd say Ricky, though none of them were really too terrible, especially considering it's disco night.

I want Lavina to go home. Like now. She pisses me off so badly. And she's so, so desperate.

ETA: Kyle's comment to Lisa tonight was spot-on, I think. Everyone's been building her up for guitar night if she gets through, but that just adds heaps of pressure on her. If she blows it, I think that's the end of her.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Nakashima said:
Kyle and Mark were way too harsh on Dean, even if his performace did make him look like a poofta.
Do you mean Damien?

They were harsh but he could've chosen the Bee Gees or something. It looked like he had given up on the genre and decided to crash his way through it anyway.

Also, I just realised how crazily unexpected it was that Bobby gets a Touchdown on Disco night of all nights. Seems like I looked forward to the right performances except Chris but I never liked him anyway.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I liked Chris.. His arrogance annoys me but he really is a good performer and he always chooses good songs for himself.

Bobby is a genius. Although the green gingham was a little too odd.. but hey.

And Damien. Agreed at how harsh the judges are. Its awful. I mean he did look like he was doing overtime on a pogo stick... and i hate the song its dreadful. But he wasnt AS bad as they made out.

The others are just average. Love the little tweeny girls screaming for Dean's backflip :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)