Australian Idol 2006 (3 Viewers)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
damn damn damn damn damn. god i cant wait till Bobby brings out a cd or something.

the only one i like left is Damien

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Silver Persian said:
Ricky is so going to be like that Blonde chick that came fourth in the second idol. Crap but ppl vote for him.

poor Bobby...at least he'll get to sing tonight
Yeah, Hailey or something. I can't believe her and the bald guy, Marty got so far in that season.

agentprovocater said:
LOL

I was being serious Sarah. Bobby=My horse in Moree(or Camilla Parker Bowles' relative???)- a lovely smile....not!

Ok, Im gonna give in and admit that Bobby was something spesh...I still dont reckon he was made for Aussie Idol, so i agree with u there.
Lol, I knew you were being serious. That's why I laughed. Bobby does have a very horsey mouth, I know.

Call me a freak as well but over the past few weeks, I actually think Bobby is better looking than Dean. Maybe I just have weird tastes or Bobby's substance won me over rather than Dean's "all style, little substance" thing.

Anyway, not much reason to watch Idol anymore or at least, nothing to look forward to each week. I'll be watching for Lisa (I still like her...), Jess (she's just likeable. Period) and Dean cos although his song choices are boring, they are never disastrous like Ricky's.

*hopeful*

HSC
i sooo wasnt expecting bobby to go, but yeh i still think his a freak. him n lisa sound like the music u hear in lifts, fuckin drowsy bullshit......out of him n lisa i thought it'd be her to go so that was weird

props to bobby for being a v.good performer, really gets into it

i reckon they would have asked whoever got kicked out last nite to come back today, cause isnt todays a chairty event ? hence tickets and stuff would have been sold :s

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Jessica was DAMN GOOD! :D

One thing is clear, the BEST songwriter of the group by miles and miles is Bobby...

Everybody's songs made me cringe abit esp Dean and Lisa's. I really liked Chris and Damien the most (beside Bobby and Jess) which is a first for me.

Ricky was a trainwreck. ><

Edit: Something I noticed was Lisa's make-up and styling. God, it was ugly. Lisa is naturally pretty so I don't know what was with the whole get-up and hair/make-up.

Last edited:
HSC
I thought Lisa's song was good. It will funny watching her big band next week

Dean's song was really embarassingly awful.

Damien was too earnest and corny.

Jess...I liked, but I found her singing pitchy again...Im not sure if its just me being paranoid though...

Chris was boring *yawn*

I cant decide whether I like Ricky's voice...Ive never heard that MJ song, but I liked it.

I miss Bobby

In summary, tonight:

Lisa>Bobby>Jess>Ricky>Damien>Chris>Dean

*hopeful*

HSC
lol i thought lisa looked cute

good on jess and ricky for doing different songs, both were pretty good

i dont see the big fuss about dean, damien and chris

Last edited:

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Bobby was awesome tonight!! Seriously one of the most talented song writers out there. I thought Damien's was really good too. I liked Chris' but didn't think it was all that, and same goes for Lisa. They were good, but weren't really anything spectacular. Dean's song was probably the most ordinary of all the originals, but I liked it. I don't know that MJ song that Ricky sang but if that was a re-arrangement, I didn't like it. It sounded like a typical rNb song. Jessica has a beautiful voice, great song, but I hated the arrangement. It was too slow for my liking. Way too slowww.

Last edited:
HSC
Jess was the best

and overall the show was boring :mad1:

maybe coz i expected way more..

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ok good, so I'm not the only one who didn't like Dean's song. The lyrics sound like those written by a 14 year old kid and his guitar chords were the same 3 or 4 open chords over and over and over again. Zzzz....

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Jess was really good tonight, and she looked really good as well. Damien was good as well, as was Ricky. Didnt care about the rest :D

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
^^

i second that :D And in the group picture Jess was sitting in the middle, and every year so far the winner was alwayz in the middle of the group pics, so fingers crossed that Jess wins :D

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Ok good, so I'm not the only one who didn't like Dean's song. The lyrics sound like those written by a 14 year old kid and his guitar chords were the same 3 or 4 open chords over and over and over again. Zzzz....
Same could be said for Lisa's. But then again, she is about 14 isn't she.

purplemonkey

HSC
Songs for Sunday night....weird

Chris: You Shook Me All Night Long - ACDC
Damien: High and Dry - Radiohead
Dean: Mustang Sally - The Committments
Jess: Crazy in Love - Beyonce
Ricky: I Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
Lisa: Revolution - The Veronicas

Hmmm...if they're doing these kinds of songs why bother putting 'Big Band' in the description at all?? I thought they were choosing old stuff and making it modern? Hmm, who knows.... :p

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
On the Kyle and Jackie-O show they said they were taking new songs and making them sound Big Band... which is, kind of strange. I guess they'll just re-arrange the songs they chose and add trumpets or other big band stuff.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ricky is gonna butcher that Beatles song :mad1:

Annegelic said:
Same could be said for Lisa's. But then again, she is about 14 isn't she.
Lisa had some bar chords that sounded interesting at least. She has better skills on the guitar. Her song was bad but nowhere near as boring and cliched as Dean's. A song about "Change" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Yeah, established that fact from Ep 1...

What a boooooooooooorrrrrrrring show. Nobody particularly sucked, except maybe Lisa but everything was boooooooooring. I hate Big Band themes...

And Ricky butchered that Beatles song. Anthony Callea did 100 times better...

Edit: An afterthought...come backkkkkk Bobbyyy :( :( I thought the show was gonna suck after he left but God, not this much! Hope it's not just the theme of the night. Zzzzzz..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)