Australian Idol 2006 (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I thought the 'ovulate' comment just meant that the woman wanted Dean to father her children, which could be taken as innuendo. Then again, who knows what Mark goes on about half the time?

Edit: Since we're so close to the end of the competition now, I just wanted to add that I hope Dean wins, not because he has the best voice in the competition, but because I think he's probably the only one who could sell a crappy first album really well. People like Damien and Chris need more than 2 weeks to release a really awesome CD. I suppose Ricky and Jess would do fairly well with an album that was written in 2 weeks, but I have this feeling that Dean will end up on Ramsay street if he doesn't get a record deal. And he's too good for Neighbours. In fact, everyone is too good for Neighbours.

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
but I have this feeling that Dean will end up on Ramsay street if he doesn't get a record deal. And he's too good for Neighbours. In fact, everyone is too good for Neighbours
lol that is soo true...Dean can go on Home and Away, even though its a different network, but his hot and home and Away have all the hotties :p Neighbours has none :p But we're here to talk about Idol not HAA or Neighbours.

Did anyone see the Dean special in TV Week, he has a nice body, i like that, but i dont like him :p

Chaos-on-Toast

HSC
Im still mourning the loss of Bobby Flynn. That boy can arrange a mean song.
I refuse to watch now he's gone, but Chris and Damien are good musos...
Ricky should leave despite his talents, its time to get out into a market that suits him.

lexie85

HSC
i think the idol market does suit ricky, it didnt suit weirdo's like bobby flynn and lisa...

Chaos-on-Toast

HSC
You've got a good point there. People like Bobby are too different for commercial top 40 radio, but that doesnt make them weird, it makes them muscially talented. I personally am sick of seeing the same old people coming out of Idol. There are way too many singers singing bubblegum pop and not branching out to reach different audiences. This years idol has managed to pick up an assortment of musicians instead of the normal 12 year old diva/hip hop singers who have a good voice but no musical talent.

Is it not time for the Idol show to give offbeat singers an opportunity to have a contract... Or am i expecting too much from a televised talent quest?

*hopeful*

HSC
alot of people thought because bobby was so appreciated he'd go further but its really up to the voters, most of whom love bubblegum pop and pretty boys...

all the other years idols have been shithouse, im hoping we wont have another this yr

lexie85

HSC
i think bobby will get picked up anyway by a record company

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Songs for this Sunday are up:

Chris- Evie, Stevie Wright
Damien- Message to my girl, Split Enz
Dean- Everytime you cry, John Farnham
Jess- Words, Bee Gees
Ricky- To Love Somebody, Bee Gees

I think Chris will do a good job with Evie. He has the voice for it. Dean... what is he doing with that song choice? It's boring, his voice isn't strong enough and the song isn't fast enough for him to put in flashy moves that distract the audience. oh god, he's going home on Monday *is slightly depressed by this thought*. Um... I know this week's theme is ARIA hall of fame so I'm ashamed to admit I don't actully know how any of the other songs go. Damn my lack of music versatility.

Edit: come to think of it, I do know the song Jess is singing. I like that song, and I think she'll do a good job of it. I'm thinking now that I probably have heard all these songs at some point, but don't know the titles.

Last edited:

*hopeful*

HSC
lol dont worry, right now i only recognise john farnham as well....

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
oh haha...i was wondering that too yesterday :p

This week should be interesting, but how do they finalists get from the live show to the Arias so quickly, because the Idol show finishes at 830 and the Arias start at 830, so do the Idols miss the red carpet or what *think*

*hopeful*

HSC
does the sunday show still go for 2hrs ? cause i know they starting at 6.30

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
oh their starting at 630, well then i guess they'll make it for the red carpet then :p The show only goes for an hour now becfause theres only 5 people left :D

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
noooo...Damien and Jess were the best. Dean was crap...ruined a good song <_<

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Dean was shocking. I knew he'd never be able to pull it off with his limited vocal range. I really liked Damien's performance. Jess, great voice as usual, but I found it boring. Chris did a good job, but I'm not a huge fan of that song.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)