• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Islamic School BANS Australian National Anthem (2 Viewers)

Lentern

HSC
Interestingly, when my Dad went to school, at a catholic school, and GSTQ was still the national anthem, singing the national anthem was unheard of, it was blasphemy, praising the enemy. Furthermore he says it was common practice at catholic schools, the precedent is there. There are reasons why one could have objections to the wording in our national anthem. I call this a nonevent.

doopsta786

HSC
i think the artcle has been fabricated to produce controversy just because no muslims have done anything in a while pathetic!!!!!!

boris

Banned
HSC
doopsta786 said:
i think the artcle has been fabricated to produce controversy just because no muslims have done anything in a while pathetic!!!!!!
you is well dum

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
insecure bogan detected

australia has plenty of culture - thanks to its european & asian immigrants
No, it's just that I don't seethe with White guilt like you.

Edu.kid

HSC
What about people who are Jehovah's witness they are not allowed to sing Anthem does that make them unaustralian? Anything to do with muslims is always hyped up and made into a big issue and you eventually get used to it. Many Islamic schools in Sydney play national Anthem but the principals statement was that they had assembly every day in the morning so why play it all the time. But then again since its a muslim we have to make a big deal. I remember before 9/11 no one even knew what a muslim was.

Isolated

HSC
Edu.kid said:
What about people who are Jehovah's witness they are not allowed to sing Anthem does that make them unaustralian? Anything to do with muslims is always hyped up and made into a big issue and you eventually get used to it. Many Islamic schools in Sydney play national Anthem but the principals statement was that they had assembly every day in the morning so why play it all the time. But then again since its a muslim we have to make a big deal. I remember before 9/11 no one even knew what a muslim was.
People are stupid.

sannous1

HSC
Josip Broz Tito said:
They should ban muslims from wearing scarves, the same way that the Netherlands has.
When Muslims wear headscarves, the hijab or burqa you cannot tell if they are a woman or a man. An terrorist could readily use this cloth of gender camouflage to its advantage by hiding their weapons underneath it.
hahaha see ya in hell budyyy

coopert

HSC
This is so retarded.

I am a strong Atheist, and I seriously couldn't give a flying fuck what religion anybody else is; as long as they keep it to themselves and do their best not to offend anybody. But this is just pathetic.

You can be from any country, China, India, UK, Brazil; and you are welcome to come here and live, and I absolutely love that about Australia. I could never even imagine living in a non-Multicultural Australia. It makes us who we are, and I wouldn't even want to live here if we were not Multicultural.

But I think at some point we need to wake up and see that we are bending over backwards for the Minority of a community that apparently does not wish to participate within our society. Not all Islamic immigrants portray the 'stereotype' at all, and I personally know many who are the nicest people you will ever meet, and would give you the shirt off their back in an instant.

But the Muslim-AUSTRALIANS (Funny how the word 'Australian' is often omitted from their description, despite the fact that the majority of the Muslims in question are either Australian Citizens, and some even born here) from that school need to wake up to themselves.

They (or their parents, grandparents, etc) would have gone through absolute hell and back to be able to flee their war torn homelands in order to provide their children with a better life in Australia. Opression, terrorism, corruption, are just some of the reasons why many would clearly opt to relocate to somewhere like Australia, where all cultures are accepted.

I am glad that they bring their own religion, their own schools, and build Mosques. All peoples should be free to celebrate their own religion and herritage.

But I think what is bad, is when you ask somebody "Who are you", and they reply "Lebanese" or "Muslim" etc; even though they were in most cases BORN in Australia, and never even BEEN to Lebanon before in their entire lives!

It's just really annoying. It's like, they were provided with the best opportunities to live here. They prefer to identify themselves as 'Lebanese' (or Iranian, etc etc) rather than as 'Australian'. Is Australia not good enough for them, or something?

I LOATHE the bloody song (Boring, lame, etc), but at least I can acknowledge that it is a meaningful song. It's a symbol of the freedom that we are privaleged enough to enjoy here. But then why the hell would they then ban the playing of the National Anthem? Ungrateful much??

If the Islamic school community do not wish to acknowledge that, then why the hell are they even here?? Nothing is stopping them from buying a ticket on a rowboat back to Iran.

And NO; I am not a bogan from the Shire with the Southern Cross tattoed on the back of my neck lol I'm sadly rather un-patriotic most of the time; but it's when I hear shit like this that it just gets me going

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)