HSC
N/A
Re: Australian Maths Competition 2013

your denominator is wrong...but i think it was typo

FBJ

HSC
N/A

and how do you do that sphere question, coz couldn't the plane go almost anyway, so hard to calculate hahaha

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

and how do you do that sphere question, coz couldn't the plane go almost anyway, so hard to calculate hahaha
I'm not sure how correct my method is, but I considered the ratio of the volumes first (1:8). From here, I tested each of the answers. For example (c) was 1:3, which means the smaller sphere would have been divided into quarters so to speak (1 quarter and 3 quarters). Then from here I multiplied by 8 or something and tried to see which ratio seemed like it would work.

hayabusaboston

HSC

I'm not sure how correct my method is, but I considered the ratio of the volumes first (1:8). From here, I tested each of the answers. For example (c) was 1:3, which means the smaller sphere would have been divided into quarters so to speak (1 quarter and 3 quarters). Then from here I multiplied by 8 or something and tried to see which ratio seemed like it would work.
I combined their volumes and considered individual volume ratios with 1:8, ended up with 1:3

Makematics

HSC

yeh i did the probability one doing cases based on where the first shot hit. in total there should have been cases, but i fkn missed one in the exam which is why my answer was off -.- eff... and yes i know i overcomplicated.

RealiseNothing

HSC

Prime factorisation is
Just saying, for question 20 which was "how many ways can 2013 be expressed at the sum of two or more consecutive integers", this basically gave you the answer.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A

Just saying, for question 20 which was "how many ways can 2013 be expressed at the sum of two or more consecutive integers", this basically gave you the answer.
care to explain?

RealiseNothing

HSC

care to explain?
The amount of ways a number can be expressed as the sum of consecutive integers is the product of the powers of it's prime factors plus one respectively.

Crazylo0pwhole

HSC

What was the solution to Q28? I wanna check i tried to get that one.

Web Addict

HSC

The amount of ways a number can be expressed as the sum of consecutive integers is the product of the powers of it's prime factors plus one respectively.
Wtf? Can you please provide an example?

jihad1234

HSC

Hi, does anyone have the questions for the Junior Division paper - last 5 questions? My brother is freaking out because he didn't manage to finish the last 5 and he wants to see whether they were as hard as he expected...if anyone can provide the last 5, it would be greatly appreciated.

iBibah

HSC
Lol not sure everyone knows, but not everyone does the maths comp on the same day.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A

They ARE supposed to do it on the same day.

hayabusaboston

HSC

Yay ibibah, lets spread the answers to all the questions and bias the results for other kids! :p
Good idea
Pump up dat HD quantity around australia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)