• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Music Scene (1 Viewer)

wanton-wonton

HSC
cate_7x said:
Haha that's ok - do you have msn? I can send it to you over that if you want.

And wanton, Architecture in Helsinki is very good.
Yeah, I have IN CASE WE DIE, but've yet to listen to it.

cate_7x

HSC
Listen to it. If you dont, I shall have to rip your heart out from your foot.

culvo

HSC
N/A
To slip:

It's easy for Blunt to say that, he was at number 1 here and in the UK. As for the music wankery, sure, I probably am guilty of it, but if people want to form their musical taste around shitty novelty songs and repeated drum loops, then that's their choice (don't get me wrong, there is some good electronic music out there.)

I'm in the same sort of boat as you, that is, I am happy listening to most genres. It's just that when people snap up some hot new music only because everybody else is buying it that annoys me (some of my favourite artists are in this situation, so I guess it just equates to more sales for them... so long as the quality of music stays the same, I am satisfied with it.) Music should be about what you enjoy and to say that everybody has in fact FORMED their own musical taste would be a lie.

Still, everybody gets their information about music from one source or another anyway. Some people after hearing enjoyable music find artists of which are related and try to form their own "sound". That is what ultimately, sets them apart.

slip

HSC
i pretty much agree with everything you just said culvo...

but im not really bothered at all by people who just listen to what ever is in at whatever time... usually jsut means that they dont like music as much as you or me.

the only thing that really annoys me about peoples taste in music is when they think it makes them cool...

culvo

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the whole idea of image has become fairly prevelent in the music scene lately, but it has had its' moments in the past. You've just gotta listen to what you like I guess.

cate_7x

HSC
I'm glad someone bumped this thread... even for "Fuck... I'm Dead"

cate_7x

HSC
Haha I'm dandy.

And you emo man? I suppose you hate the world because it's just awful to you and so now you feel you have to write a song about it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)