• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Australian Open Thread (1 Viewer)

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
1st set - Djokovic... Man that was a tight set, can't believe there were absolutely no break points...
There was one right at the beginning lol.

I dunno, Djokovic looks the more agressive one but you can never question Federer's defensive skills, he's doing well.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Go Federer. Show everyone why you're boss.

Edit: how the hell does Djokovic come back 5-2 down to take the set 7-5?

Last edited:
HSC
Fed down a break in the third. Not looking rosy.

I'm pretty sure Clijsters will take out the women's final. I have a vague feeling that Li Na's recent victory over her may be a little bit counterproductive for Na somehow...Like she'll expect to win, or be too conscious of the fact that she can win and then panic when she encounters a Clijsters who will probably be playing a lot better than she did at Sydney.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
*Sigh Federer.

Although yes, Clijsters is playing as good as she's ever been; terrific form. Let's not forget Wozniacki was on the verge of winning against Li Na as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I really wanted Wozniacki to win...

And D-joke-ovic is winning over Federerererer.... =(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Go Murray...

/me mutters to himself as he walks out of the thread

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I really wanted Wozniacki to win...

And D-joke-ovic is winning over Federerererer.... =(
No way, I wanted Na Li to win for sure.

I am worried for Federer - he doesn't seem to be up for it tonight. Poor guy, he sorta seems very lethargic on the court and not in control like usual.

blackops23

HSC
Oh my mfking goodness, fell asleep right at the end of the 3rd set, woke up to wozniacki... =(

fml...

benji_10

HSC
Federer seemed...out of it. Lol'ed at the flying feather though. Heeheeehee...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
His trademark backhand.... FAILED! Seriously, I mean... how many times did the ball hit the frame and go lolwhatthe...?

Gigacube

HSC
So Murray or Ferrer?

I'd like to see Murray in a final again. He's a great player & I think he can win a grand slam.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think Murray will win their match.

Murray vs. Djokovic - interesting match-up.

blackops23

HSC
Haha yeah, I was like what the hell? Because I respected Federer as the king of tennis just because of the sheer level of the finesse he has with the racquet and the ball. He's like an artist, or a magician or what ever you want to call it.

Only thing I know is that unforced errors aren't magestic, nor artistic. His back hand slices failed a lot, also his court coverage had been SEVERELY REDUCED, Some balls he didn't even bother running towards... I think it's because he's getting old??

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Only thing I know is that unforced errors aren't magestic, nor artistic. His back hand slices failed a lot, also his court coverage had been SEVERELY REDUCED, Some balls he didn't even bother running towards... I think it's because he's getting old??
in part yes. But the Joker certainly knows how to pump a ball real hard..............

Djokovic just had too much firepower for Federer to contain

blackops23

HSC
in part yes. But the Joker certainly knows how to pump a ball real hard..............

Djokovic just had too much firepower for Federer to contain
This is Federer we are talking about. Yes Djokovic has gotten a lot better than last year, but it is still.... FEDERER
I remember watching him for the first time in like 2007, and I was blown away, because he was the first person I saw that just had such skill with the ball and his racquet - he defied conventional tennis so easily. The thing that most astounds me, is he wasn't injured, yet he LOST IN STRAIGHT SETS.

I think it's a mental issue of Federer, not physical. Watching the match, I could easily see Djokovic was 100x more confident, and it easily appeared to everyone the intensity of his hunger of winning the Open. Federer seemed to lack any intensity, he treated it like a 1st/2nd round match...

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
When you come back from 5-2 down to win a set 7-5, you're gonna be pumped and close to unstoppable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)