• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
"That's like saying the Titanic was in terrific shape not counting the iceberg".

Ha.

atreus

HSC
Timing is the main reason. The ALP are popular at the moment. I like to remind people that Gillard turned up half an hour late for a debate with Costello and it barely got reported, Abbott turned up late to his gig(and I think it's fair to say Costello's time was alot more important than Roxons) and he is lambasted for making her wait and then not bending over backwards to make it up to her. Timing.
from memory, wasn't it a radio interview/debate? and i think that she gave reasons, apologised, etc for her lateness (early morning traffic or something). with abbott i think he just left it too late and kept a lot more people, journos, etc waiitng for what was a much higher profile debate than gillard's and costello's.

anyway, the whole shit storm comment will probably just go down like the scores strip club thing- he is human, he is just an ordinary guy... but i would like to know where people start to draw the line. what point will he have to reach for most people to say: wtf?

Lentern

HSC
from memory, wasn't it a radio interview/debate? and i think that she gave reasons, apologised, etc for her lateness (early morning traffic or something). with abbott i think he just left it too late and kept a lot more people, journos, etc waiitng for what was a much higher profile debate than gillard's and costello's.

anyway, the whole shit storm comment will probably just go down like the scores strip club thing- he is human, he is just an ordinary guy... but i would like to know where people start to draw the line. what point will he have to reach for most people to say: wtf?
I'm sure the treasurer had the navigate that same traffic that got him there on time. I guess being shadow IR minister is alot trickier a schedule to manage than being treasurer. Abbott was doing a joint thing with the prime minister who decided to take far more questions than Abbott had anticipated, some of which sparked supplemntary questions at Abbott that really couldn't be ignored. And Roxon was an absolute, excuse the french, bitch about it whereas Costello just made polite, awkward chit chat whilst waiting in a very Costello fashion.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
You're not going to kick me out of the catholic group now are you? The only gay that I love is Gai Waterhouse I swear. That voice is like magic, she was a newsreader or something in a different life.
Horse racing fan Lentern?

We may have something in common.

Rudd is still getting over the fact that Turnbull absolutely burned him in the Australian on Saturday over his hypocrisy. Third degree burn. No wonder he swore, the truth hurts.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
as a labor critic i myself believe that article was OTT.

comrade rudd? c'mon. your a newspaper columnist. not the host of 2day fm.

Lentern

HSC
Horse racing fan Lentern?

We may have something in common.

Rudd is still getting over the fact that Turnbull absolutely burned him in the Australian on Saturday over his hypocrisy. Third degree burn. No wonder he swore, the truth hurts.
A bit. I mainly follow the weight for ages. Handicappers just seem to encourage mediocrity.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's the little men bouncing around ontop of a strapping beast, amirite?

blue_chameleon

HSC
Anyone else here think Rudd dropping the 's bomb' was pre-thought?

I think it was obvious that it was premeditated. He just carries on too much afterwards about it for it to be a genuine slip.

He must have been reading this thread.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol, I totally think it was. Last night was just some bogan-fest where unfortunate and desporate people were stirred by v wealthy people into outrage over this 'fatcat' bs.

blue_chameleon

HSC
lol, I totally think it was. Last night was just some bogan-fest where unfortunate and desporate people were stirred by v wealthy people into outrage over this 'fatcat' bs.
The irony of it was that they were talking to Lindsay Fox.

Even ignoring the obvious, he looks like a lot like a cat to me. :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
They applauded him!
YER SHITSTORM, YOU SED IT YOU BLOODY BEAUTY WOOOO

blue_chameleon

HSC
They applauded him!
YER SHITSTORM, YOU SED IT YOU BLOODY BEAUTY WOOOO
Sample size is not representative of the broader population.

Oh wai-

Damn I hope that's the truth in this case.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Anyone else here think Rudd dropping the 's bomb' was pre-thought?

I think it was obvious that it was premeditated. He just carries on too much afterwards about it for it to be a genuine slip.

He must have been reading this thread.
100% premeditated. Did you see the reaction of the hosts? They certainly didn't seem spontaneous. He is a crafty little bastard.

Did you watch the Australia Cup Lentern? I was on Zagreb. I thought he looked the winner at the 300m.

blue_chameleon

HSC
100% premeditated. Did you see the reaction of the hosts? They certainly didn't seem spontaneous. He is a crafty little bastard.
Yeah, it was probably clever in theory. But he certainly didn't pull it off.

Poor bloke. He just wants people to like him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)