Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
http://www.alp.org.au/download/now/rudd_feb09_monthly.pdf

The GFC by Kevin Rudd

edit: I thought that the Costello point on Q&A was a bit silly - that, based on this essay, Rudd cant be both an economic conservative and a social democrat. All he's really talking about is viewing the economy through more Menzian glasses

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think that the real q is for the Liberals: you can love Menzies or you can love neoliberalism - but not both!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm a Menzian sort of Liberal, so i'm generally happy w the modern ALP

Lentern

HSC
*crickets chirping*
It's not so extraordinary, Marky Mark was a very popular man once upon a long ago. To core labor voters he'd probably have been a very good prime minister, problem was to middle of the road voters he was a bonehead.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone else watching the Queensland election with interest?

Galaxy poll last week came up 51-49 to the LNP, Newspoll tomorrow is being reported as 51-49 the same way. Keep in mind that 53-47 is necessary for the LNP to govern in its own right.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I've heard that this is good for her, bc unlike with WA, the voters arent viewing a Labor win as inevitable (even though it probably is)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
It's not so extraordinary, Marky Mark was a very popular man once upon a long ago. To core labor voters he'd probably have been a very good prime minister, problem was to middle of the road voters he was a bonehead.
I was rubbishing his joke.

:/

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Srsly guys, I really enjoyed the PM's essay on the crisis. V well written and persuasive!
Keynes LIVES

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Srsly guys, I really enjoyed the PM's essay on the crisis. V well written and persuasive!
Keynes LIVES
Attempted to read it just now and was distracted by the photo of him on the cover. Thus, was unable to read through his essay.

Will try again later, promise.

Lentern

HSC
Hey man, I think you have a real talent for assigning nicknames. Fatcat was pretty good too.
Keep up the good work!
I don't invent them. Peter Brent started using Marky Mark. I think it may have been Carl Scully who called O'farrell fat cat O'farrell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)