• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (2 Viewers)

HSC
Tch.

Has Ruddles been on QANDA this year?

Edit: I didn't see the episode last week - but I thought the token Muslim Miss Universe was quite intelligent and articulate a few weeks ago.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
ahaha
cats dont eat bananas
silly persian

Lentern

HSC
Usually there are 2 smart ones on the panel, while Bolt was the best on that panel, I would still say that this was the worst panel, the girl with the sparkly blue cloth on her head had her mouth running while her brain was switched off. The other female was a pure anachist idealist with no ability to answer a counter point. The shadow environment minister had that brendan nelson/ nathan rees aura of hopelessness, which was to a lesser extent shared by conroy who at times appeared rattled.

Hopefully next weeks panel will be better. There is Tanya Plibersek, George Brandis, an economist, a homosexual and the president of the young liberals.
Plibersek and Brandis are both quite good at this kind of thing. Are there no journalists next week or is the homosexual David Marr?

Persian due to their status I doubt we will see Turnbull or Rudd on any panel again unless they are both on it. Only times we've had a major party leader they were there on their own, in Rudd's case it was the pilot, in Turnbull's he'd just become leader

On a different note, can anyone think of a succesfull leader who was sacked by his party in recent history? Or even had a serious leadership challenge? Hawke was trailing considerably in the polls when Keating did him over, Hayden had lost the previous election and Gorton had conceded a major swing and was on the decline. Closest I can think of was Sir Joh but even Sir Joh was suffering a polling nose dive and corruption charges. The Joh for Canberra campaign might qualify, Howard was much more popular than Peacock and was yet to lose an election.

Last edited:
HSC
Yep :uhhuh:

But academics are always completely different from what you'd expect from reading their books.

Lentern

HSC
Yep :uhhuh:

But academics are always completely different from what you'd expect from reading their books.
Most writers are full stop. Having read many of his works so dry, sharp and deep I was actually dissapointed to see footage of Bernard Shaw as a cheerfull, jolly old man.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So I bumped into Hugh White today and he was all like 'Yeah that's right, I cant believe it too kiddo'.
In an attempt to demonstrate my respect, I lunged at him violently, upturning his cappuccino onto his torso. At this, he gave a yelp which reminded me of the cowardly lion
"G-aa-hAAA-aaaww".
During the chaotic movements, I somehow managed to collect a fair quantity of the beverage in my gaping mouth and chose this delicate moment to project the unwelcome substance upon his neck and face in a low flow. Needless to say I was late for my class by this time, so I made my apologies for this and bounded off

HSC
I always imagined that you would carry yourself with more dignity - but apparently you turn into a foolish schoolgirl under the slightest amount of pressure.

Last edited:

Tonthat

HSC
Anyone watching Insight?
Stephen Conroy is going to snap and punch someone in the face in a sec.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol liberal hacks are pretty funny
I wonder who decided on qanda that they always need a token young girl every week

Tonthat

HSC
economist man is awesome.
young lib is shit.
lib guy is shit.
labour chick is shit.
academic man is awesome.

Last edited:

badquinton304

HSC
Lol liberal hacks are pretty funny
I wonder who decided on qanda that they always need a token young girl every week
Every show needs comic relief. If thats what the libs are raising then thats just embarrasing.
Anyone see that fat indian guy in the crowd, who was carrying on about how everyone treats china like a normal country, that guy was soooooo f'king dumb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)