• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Um... just putting it out there... why are Australian politicians so:
1. Ugly
2. Boring
3. Seedy
4. Ugly
5.Ugly?
Not sure.

Usually those interested in politics are nerds (i.e. Kevin Rudd).

There are some interesting characters. Joe Hockedonian!

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Some on here will debate that...

Hold on. You're a Queenslander. Aren't you supposed to love Kevin?

On a side, attached is Australia's most attractive politician. I'm sure most will agree.

HSC
There are a few that are quite attractive imo:

-Lindsay Tanner
-Penny Wong
-Minister for Sports
-Malcolm Turball
-Maxine McKew

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Some on here will debate that...

Hold on. You're a Queenslander. Aren't you supposed to love Kevin?

On a side, attached is Australia's most attractive politician. I'm sure most will agree.
I would have voted Vanstone.

Lentern

HSC
There are a few that are quite attractive imo:

-Lindsay Tanner
-Penny Wong
-Minister for Sports
-Malcolm Turball
-Maxine McKew
Tanner and Wong?Mindful that you're one of the few people who doesn't lambast me for going on my rants about the dull greying jack of all trades, Tanner is a short, balding, well rounded grumpy old man, apparently he has much in common with Iron's father. Wong is young and that in itself is a nice change for a politician but it only does so much, true beautfy lasts a lifetime blah blah blah. The better known Bishop is abit like the woman on Seinfield, some days she is scary other days she is the visual highlight of question time. She isn't a glamour girl but I certainly wouldn't call Plibersek ugly either. On the male front my own mp Mr Clare is certainly better then the average overseas politician, and ofcourse who can deny this man has a bit of a Clintonesque appeal to him.

HSC
I don't think Tanner is short is he?

Anywho, it is an attraction to his personality more than his appearance. He reminds of a fatherly, sturdy oak.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Menzies is still the greatest charmer imo
A while ago, I was driving to Sydney and listening to a Classic FM live concert, making the 50 or 60th anniversary of the opening of the Melbourne Concert hall. They were playing the same program etc etc. Anyway, Menzies opened the original and they replayed a 4-5min talk he gave about the arts and culture etc and it was magical. Effortless communicator, polite, charming, statesman like, warm and funny. A real cool Britannion
I dont care to elaborate further on this random memory

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I find Gillard is amazingly sexy. She's just gorgeous.

Apparently I'm the only person who thinks this.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A

*Shudder*

Sexyness is more than just looks (which she doesn't have either), but even if she did have the looks it would be nullified by that horrendous voice..

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
maybe it's her long slender neck?

but I agree with Moll that her waist is unsightly

But she's clearly Labor's star performer and I like the vibe she gives off that she thinks that Rudd's a bit of a populist twerp

badquinton304

HSC
Um... just putting it out there... why are Australian politicians so:
1. Ugly
2. Boring
3. Seedy
4. Ugly
5.Ugly?
These are all very relative concepts, but in my own opinion seedyness is not exclusive to Australian politicians, you really have to be into politics to find it intresting as opposed to boring.

Have not seen you on the NCAP board before but you seem to be a good replacement for chickypie.

On Julia Gillard.... sorry she just does not do it for me (although I would not say she is a turn off).

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Menzies is still the greatest charmer imo
A while ago, I was driving to Sydney and listening to a Classic FM live concert, making the 50 or 60th anniversary of the opening of the Melbourne Concert hall. They were playing the same program etc etc. Anyway, Menzies opened the original and they replayed a 4-5min talk he gave about the arts and culture etc and it was magical. Effortless communicator, polite, charming, statesman like, warm and funny. A real cool Britannion
I dont care to elaborate further on this random memory
Oh yes, his voice is unrivalled, "It is my melancholy duty." He makes David Marr sound like a country bumpkin.

I should hope so, the first word that comes to my mind when I think of her is hyena.
I don't think Tanner is short is he?

Anywho, it is an attraction to his personality more than his appearance. He reminds of a fatherly, sturdy oak.
Our politicians have an habit of being short, they actually have to use a different camera for Garrett in parliament. So for a male politician, no Lindsay is not that short, for an Australian, he's pretty short. Personality, I recgonise his ability as a politican but my respect kind of slid for him when he began lobbing grenades desperately at the greens, looked very insecure to go after a minor party like that.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The latest Roy Morgan Senate poll is out. It's interesting for a number of reasons, not least of all because it is a more accurate representation of Senate voting patterns than the federal election preference polls (which specifically ask about the Lower House only).

You can read it here: [Roy Morgan Research] Morgan Poll
I'm going to list the Greens support levels simply because they're my favourite party:

NSW: 11.5%
Vic: 13.5%
QLD: 12%
WA: 11%
SA: 9% (the Xenophon effect, though he may not field a candidate for this election)
Tas: 15.5%
ACT: 26%
Nation-wide: 12% (compared with 9% last election)

The Greens are likely to gain at least one seat in all states and territories except NT, while the ACT has the Greens tied with Libs (but by ALP prefs that basically means a Greens win), and WA has a toss up between a Greens senator or another Labour senator.

Thus, 5 to 7 new Greens Senators are likely come next election, for a total of 8 to 10 Greens Senators.

This means that as long as Labour ends up with less than 36 Senators, they will not be able to pass legislation automatically (without Greens or Lib input). Unfortunately, this seems unlikely. They have 32 Senators now, and will very likely gain at least 4 more next election (as Libs are faring horribly in the Senate, plus there's lag from the 2004 election). Boo.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A

She was quite attractive ~10 years ago.

She lacks;
A sense of humour
Charisma
Tits
A chin

she is on par with Nicola Roxon for the fuckoff slag title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)