Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
No, you're wrong.

I would agree with this. Tertiary education needs to be free for all.

I am in two minds about this. On one hand it is a great social freedom. On the other hand it goes against my Catholic roots.
tertiary education for the mentally challenged?

Garygaz

HSC
yes, we need more people through university. there definitely isn't enough over-qualified people in the work force already, people definitely wouldn't go to uni for another 5 years just to bum around and enjoy the life style. let me guess they should all get student welfare too to help them out while they're learning about philosophy?

cheese_cheese

HSC
yes, we need more people through university. there definitely isn't enough over-qualified people in the work force already, people definitely wouldn't go to uni for another 5 years just to bum around and enjoy the life style. let me guess they should all get student welfare too to help them out while they're learning about philosophy?
Student welfare is already in place currently I think.

Lentern

HSC
It would certainly do you some good.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
stupid leftists should be protesting about the cartel between higher education, government and big corporations

years ago you could get most jobs out of year 10, now you have to spend 5 more years doing literally nothing and get up a big debt for a worthless bit of paper EVERYONE ELSE has, and you guys slurp it up and ask for more

cheese_cheese

HSC
stupid leftists should be protesting about the cartel between higher education, government and big corporations

years ago you could get most jobs out of year 10, now you have to spend 5 more years doing literally nothing and get up a big debt for a worthless bit of paper EVERYONE ELSE has, and you guys slurp it up and ask for more
I agree. Bureaucracy has gone too far in society. I was listening to Andrew Bolts radio show yesterday and they were discussing how a horse & carriage tourist operator must now fill out a 28 page form and reapply for his license to operate after operating there already for 27 years.

Lentern

HSC
what, exactly?
Reading some philosophy

I agree. Bureaucracy has gone too far in society. I was listening to Andrew Bolts radio show yesterday and they were discussing how a horse & carriage tourist operator must now fill out a 28 page form and reapply for his license to operate after operating there already for 27 years.
KAPLUNK!

theone111

HSC
N/A
There is no need to resort to verbal violence Thatcher,
fuckin LOL! good call

--

anyway on the topic of aus politics

id say our politicians are a joke

1. Respect: I reserve none for them. They are just embarrassing, especially when conversing internationally

2. Choice: Liberal and labour? are now pretty much the same thing, both right leftists

3. Elections: As much as i dislike julia, on the radio u hear these illiterate cunts saying they werent going to vote for her because she was a woman. No jokes "shes meant to stay at home" with their heavy aussie slur.
And I think most elections are governed by this need for 'change' despite whether the elected pm is good or not.. ridiculous (howard is an exception to this rule.. but does point out how dumb most of australians arefor keeping the cunt)

4. Legislation: Ours varies. In some areas we are too lenient and in others too harsh

5. Economy (does have something to do with the political realm): I say our standard of living is excellent, despite the widening disparity between rich and poor. But for now, i think its excellent.
The only country where you can live on the dole comfortably (not that i encourage it)

Lentern

HSC
3. Elections: As much as i dislike julia, on the radio u hear these illiterate cunts saying they werent going to vote for her because she was a woman. No jokes "shes meant to stay at home" with their heavy aussie slur.
How do you know they're illiterate if you just hear them on radio?

Garygaz

HSC
Reading some philosophy
i know you won't take my word for it but i'm actually quite well read on philosophy. i don't think it's something you should go to uni and rack up a debt over, however.

Lentern

HSC
i know you won't take my word for it but i'm actually quite well read on philosophy. i don't think it's something you should go to uni and rack up a debt over, however.
Some American peddler of fortune cookie soundbites with little actual substance no doubt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)