Australians want tsunami donations refunded after Corby declared guilty (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone asking for donations back should be deported to serve a sentence alongside Corby.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Its disgusting , People asking for Money back because she got sentenced for something which is common law in Indonesia- and who knows, she may be innocent, she may be guilty, but the fact remains- the Drugs were in her luggage- she didn't deny the fact. . .. its really pathetic asking for it back...

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
Indonesia is full of asian al-queda terrorists. They dont deserve our good charity anyway.
I really really hope you were being ironic... I will assume you are. Then again, I have a tendency to confuse stupidity with irony.

On another note, how would you refund tsunami donations? I don't think the Red Cross is just going to hand back X amount of money, and neither will the Indonesian government. Then again, if you think the Indonesian bureaucracy is uncomfortably corrupt (like me), then they're definitely not getting anything back.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
you guys know this is an extreme minority right? its just media sensationalist crap, most australians however dissapointed they are in the verdict realise that the tsunami money is a completely different thing and its going to people in need. its probably just some old people getting emotional or something and needing reassurance

HotShot

-_-
HSC
i dont get it

why do we give money for charity? why are ppl sent to jail? lol

there is no connection! nevertheless will if the money was given back, would that help corby's case, no way. she should be grateful for 20 yearrs, she was expecting death or life easy. if that was an indonesian he would have been dead by now. you have to understand their position, a country that is densly populated where drug trafficking is an serious issue, they want to get of rid of it and as such they send a strong message.

anyhow how does 4kg of drug get into your bag and you dont notice the weight difference? thats about 2 bottles of 2l water! which bag was it in?

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
With the same reasoning that has been employed by some of our fellow Australians in threatening to withdraw tsunami donations and boycott Bali, I thought that it'd only be fair to destroy all weather stations for causing the drought.

That'll learn 'em!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im goin with ... OMG.. I think DUMB fucked up way right are trying to kick up a storm?!..
we shouldnt pressure Indonesia.. cos its pressuring their judiciary.. sif we would let go of a indonesian criminal on australian territory say if they were caught with drugs and admitted the bag was theirs.. THIS is their evidence.. and this is all they have to go on...

I hope that she gets in on appeal ... IF There is EVIDENCE she is... innocent..
that person who wrote tat blog is a bigot .. and doesnt realise that indonesia has a legal system much lik that rest of the world tat should be independent of government.. and if we pressure them.. then we are as corrupt as they are..

I say wait for the appeal and let them do their job of protecting their country

also Australia isnt fully free of corruption or we wouldnt have had to dismiss customs personnel.. ^.~ id go with what corby's mom sed.. boycott Qantas if anything.. their baggage handlers lead to this...

//edit: the media are fuck nuts.. esp any 6:30 pseudo-news programs on 7 or 9..

Last edited:

reemz

HSC
OS said:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15444089-29277,00.html

It is pretty slack if people start doing this, don't you reckon? I mean they may think they are getting back at the Indonesian Government and making them regret Corby's being declared 'guilty' but look at all the innocent Tsunami victims they are selfishly hurting! Plus making the Government increasingly hostile to Australia - that won't help Corby's case if she is actually innocent!

i absolutly agree with you, i mean, if you go to a country yo shuuld obay the laws there and respect the traditions..now im not saying corbys guilty ..but its pathetic to take away the peoples funds because of her... thats not fair...this is a criminal case and people here have to realise that... its just plain stupid....wat did the innocent Tsunami victims have 2 do with her case... how do we know if they even care they have there own problems to deal with..... and anyways bali wasnt even goin 2 get some of the money from the money aussies have donated...its the other places that seriously need it .........its just not fair

Genesys

HSC
It's stupid to punish so many people who need our support at this times because of our dislike at their laws. Why should so many suffer because of one disputed decision

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
this whole corby case has been blown out of proportion. if she's guilty, she's been let off easy with 20yrs.. unlike most other cases which have ended with the death penalty [thats how the indo justice system works]. but if she's innocent, boycotting bali/asking for donations back/making threats to the indonesian embassy aint gonna help her at all.. some peeps should start using their brains and not their emotions..

i'm indonesian, born + raised here in aus.. i feel like everyone hates us now coz of this whole thing.. and half a yr ago, aussies were pouring out their money for the tsunami relief.. and now look at them.. asking for it back.. but only asking for the money that went to indo.. and a few weeks ago when the door knock appeal was on.. people were asking if the money was going to indo.. omgosh.. how low can you go? seriously....

K

katie_tully

Personally I think they should cease fundraising and donations, but not in relation to Corby.

They've only spent less than a quarter of all money raised, so personally I think they don't need anymore ... for the moment :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)