Australia's 2010 World Cup Qualifying Campaign (2 Viewers)

williamc

HSC
^ so true.

chicky_pie said:
you must be Italian :spam:
lol nah im not italian.

kenny. said:
She probably knows more than you =D

Read this mate:

"i hope they win, so we could quality and hopefully again come against those greasy italians who stole our chances at the last world cup"

And read what he said about the game.

Chances are, that, that game of soccer is the only game she has ever watched.

Last edited:

kenny.

HSC
What?

She said that she hopes the socceroos win and qualify for the world cup so we can play the italians and revenge/beat them/hack their legs or watever....

she probably needs to fix up the english in her sentence a bit though lol

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
kenny. said:
What?

She said that she hopes the socceroos win and qualify for the world cup so we can play the italians and revenge/beat them/hack their legs or watever....

she probably needs to fix up the english in her sentence a bit though lol

Yup. My english is THAT bad in that post, that what happens when you have half your eyes glued on t.v and the other on the computer screen

:spam:

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
williamc said:
^ so true.

lol nah im not italian.

Read this mate:

"i hope they win, so we could quality and hopefully again come against those greasy italians who stole our chances at the last world cup"

And read what he said about the game.

Chances are, that, that game of soccer is the only game she has ever watched.

pfftt i've watched more soccer games than you :pain:

kuytbird

HSC
It was a stupid tackle. he plays in england, he should know not to dive in like that, spec. in a world cup round of 16.
and anyways bresh has to put his hand up for no fouling him in the corner in the first place.
anyway, it was ages ago, and we have no excuses for gettin smashed in the asia cup. Look forward to the next world cup...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The road to South Africa continues tomorrow afternoon at 5pm when we take on the Chinese in Kunming

We're missing a huge number of key players this time, especially in attack; McDonald, Kennedy, Cahill, Sterjovski, Djite are out and also Aloisi, Carle and J. Griffiths weren't picked for the squad :confused: also Harry's in some doubt.

We'll probably look something like

Schwarzer

Wilkshire Neill Beauchamp Carney

Grella Valeri

Bresciano Culina Kewell

Thomson/Bridge :eek: :(

with Holman & North also possible starters

I'd take a draw to be honest, putting us on 4 points equal first with Iraq/Qatar in the group at worst.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
We have absolutely no strikers of quality playing. So in true Australian soccer fashion we will probably score 5 goals.

The backline is dodgy in the middle, i'm not sold on beauchamp, the rest are great though. Midfield is business as usual though wouldnt mind Adam Griffiths instead of culina. It's a shame Joel Griffiths isnt in the squad, far better striker then Bridge.

Would be happy with a draw though, a win would be huge.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/football...1206207105737.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Michael Cockerill in Kunming
March 26, 2008

HARRY KEWELL is expected to miss Australia's World Cup qualifier against China today through injury.

It is the latest and most severe blow to the Socceroos in what has been an injury-ravaged preparation for a game that could have significant bearing on qualification for 2010 finals in South Africa. It is believed Kewell did not take full part in training yesterday, a session held behind closed doors, and that coach Pim Verbeek will not gamble on the out-of-favour Liverpool forward. Kewell had been struggling since the game against Singapore on Saturday.

The news of Kewell's latest injury problem followed a dramatic day yesterday in which Verbeek almost collapsed during a media conference. Verbeek was four minutes into a conference with Australian journalists when he said he had to stop "because I'm not feeling very well", before staggering as he was helped to a chair.

Verbeek had earlier skipped breakfast after complaining of a stomach bug, and team doctor Peter Bruckner later confirmed it was a gastric complaint, rather than the altitude, which had caused the distress. After a few hours' rest, Verbeek was able to go to the match venue, Tuodong Stadium, and is expected to take his place on the bench for the match. Verbeek will need all his wiles and experience following the spate of injuries, which he admits have forced him to adjust his selection plans.

With Kewell, Josh Kennedy and Scott McDonald sidelined, and with Bruce Djite picking up a hamstring strain at training late on Monday, Verbeek is likely to opt for new Sydney FC striker Mark Bridge as a lone frontman with Brett Holman and Mark Bresciano supporting from deep.

There's little doubt China - roared on by a partisan crowd - will try to knock the Socceroos off their stride. China's play has become increasingly physical under new coach Vladimir Petrovic, and Chinese journalists expect the home team - who have spent three weeks in camp acclimatising to Kunming's altitude of 1900 metres - to go as hard as they can.

That's no surprise to Verbeek, who said: "We expect them to be physical; that's the way they play, and we have to be ready for that. The pressure is on them, that's true, because if they don't win, they'll probably be out for the qualification."

In truth, the pressure has mounted on the Socceroos following a catalogue of injuries that have ripped the heart out of the attack. Djite's hamstring strain - likely to sideline the Adelaide United striker for at least a month - follows the loss of McDonald, Mile Sterjovski, Tim Cahill and Kennedy.

Asked whether he has any strikers left, Verbeek laughed: "I still have a few, but of course I agree this was not expected. You cannot be happy, that's true, but on the other hand we still have players who can do the job … That's why we took enough players to come over here. It's a little bit tough, but we still think we can win the game - and that's why we go for it."

Pressed on whether the spate of withdrawals had changed his mindset, he replied: "Not really."

Verbeek's bravado is designed to keep the pressure on the Chinese team, who go into the game on the back of a sequence of poor results and injury problems of their own, which have ruled out strikers Dong Fangzhou and Shi Jun. Two other European-based players - winger Shao Jiayi and utility Sun Jihai - and striker Han Peng are all returning from injury and are expected to be on the bench. Gifted Shandong Luneng midfielder Zhou Haibin - who provides the workrate to support playmaker and captain Zheng Zhi - is also under an injury cloud.

For all that, China go into the game as slight favourites and, while he won't admit it, Verbeek will be happy to escape with a draw. That means Australia will take a far more defensive approach than they did in last month's World Cup opener, against Qatar.

* The Socceroos' next game will be a friendly against Cameroon at ANZ Stadium on Friday, May 23.

POSSIBLE AUSTRALIAN TEAM (4-2-3-1): Mark Schwarzer; Luke Wilkshire, Lucas Neill, Michael Beauchamp, David Carney; Vince Grella, Carl Valeri; Jason Culina, Brett Holman, Mark Bresciano; Mark Bridge.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Yeah that ref was pretty shithouse. Dung pang xiao huh win lage xou or w/e his name was shoulda been sent off. then the penalty was bs.

Carney shoulda scored at the end there too.

0-0 aint bad though

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Fair result. China didn't deserve to win, and neither did Australia.

Schwarzer is the master of penalty saves, I knew he would save it as soon as that penalty was given. The Chinese players don't have the mentality to deliver on the big moments, and again it showed. Shao Jiayi is no Francesco Totti.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I dunno about the penalty, to me it looked like Schwarzer was bringing him down... I was half expecting him to be sent off for it. But I'm glad it all worked out for Australia in the end :)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Loooked to me like the touched the ball. Wouldnt of bee na penalty if the ref was any other nationality then asian

asia has the worst ref's

sk1001

HSC
Arab refs suck dick. They almost fucked us over in Germany, and then yesterday.

Train the cunts properly ffs.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
On closer replays the penalty did seem les dubious. While i don't agree with the decision, i can see where the ref was coming from

That said, Arab/Asian refs are still shithouse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)